First (real) nose repair complete

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Slickmick
Website Donor
Website Donor

First (real) nose repair complete

Post by Slickmick »

Welp, I guess I finally catapulted hard enough to do some good damage to the 115L F2 to consider doing a real repair. I was honestly just thinking about getting a new board, but I then thought "how many more times is this gonna happen? What, am I just gonna get a new board every time I ding it?!"

So to hell with it, rvanderbyl kinda convinced me to use this (board) as an opportunity to practice my repairs. So here we go...

The damage (plus some dodgy field repair work)

The 80 grit strip

2 layers of fiberglass cloth with epoxy resin

Once cured I sanded it down, mixed up some Profil with epoxy resin, applied over top the patch, then sanded with 120 once it was dry

Finishing putty, followed by a 360 grit wet sand and then a dust with a can of Krylon spray paint!

I still have a couple more pinholes to fill, along with some cleanup from the primer filler overspray.. but at least I got er done \:D/ Hopefully those feet will find their way into the footstraps sooner than later lol. If anyone has any feed back on how they would have done it different, I'd be egar to hear about it. Being a new windsurfer on the block, I'm all ears when it comes to advice :D
AJSpencer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: First (real) nose repair complete

Post by AJSpencer »

Looks great. Nice work.