Border Crossing

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Border Crossing

Post by Bobson »

I remember a fella from the US/Canada Border posting on here a few weeks back and wanted to ask some questions as I am driving a trailer down to the Gorge for the FE Worlds with some demo gear in it. Probably 6-7 boards and full rigs but maybe more....
1. Should I prepare to be stopped and searched...??
2. Is there any info that I should bring to confirm the use of the windsurfing gear in the trailer.
3. Other info that I will need to bring...beside passport..??

I think the fella left his email address in his post but I cannot find it...anyone remember where it got posted..??
I appreciate any answers I can get.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

here's tha thread > http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewto ... gorge+trip <

i'm pretty sure you can stop at customs on your way down and prepare some kind of list to prove what your bringing down

hope this helps ya
Ask Bean

Post by Ask Bean »

He might be in jail though for smuggling. HEhehehe. My real thought are that the guy who posted is a FAKE. If you have any concerns with gear stop and declare it before you go over so when you come back you can prove it was yours before you went down.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Border X-ing

Post by Bobson »

Thanks fella's. It's all good!! I called Bill Atkinson from Customs and he gave me all the info I needed. He's actually quite an easy going guy but has crazy accent of some sort.

Gotta love the Sunshine and what it bring with it......WIND!!

I heard it was over 100 degrees in the Gorge this week. YIKES!! :shock: