16M at Nitinat???...

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Halifaxkiter

16M at Nitinat???...

Post by Halifaxkiter »

HI ya'll...

heading back to nitinat this august. i've got my 16M as well as all my windsurfing gear..........can anyone tell me how much use i could expect out of my 16 M on an average day?

Thanks,

Kevin
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

16m is fine depending on your skill level and size as well as how you like to sail, fast or slow. Higher windspeeds, slower you need to go to maintain edge.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

My log from last year shows I sailed 4.5 to 5.8 every day at Nitinat (6 times). Assuming your 16 kite is roughly equivalent to my 7.5 I didn't use it at all :lol: so you might be on your windsurf gear most days. But Randy Kashino had a met station on the lake one year, and while it shows >20 kt virtually every day, there are lots of off-peak winds in the 12-15 kt range that would probably perfect for the kite.
http://www.islandnet.com/~rkashino/Nit2002.htm
wade

Post by wade »

I was just in Nitinaht a couple of weeks ago and rode my 16 pretty much every day when I could've been on my 12. Just depends how much kite you want to hold and your experience level.
kiter

thanks

Post by kiter »

for the advice guys. that's very helpful. about what i thought..............

Kevin