Devil's Advocate

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Devil's Advocate

Post by downwind dave »

Devil's Advocate: We were asked to shut down before 10:00 p.m. Friday at Nitinat (the weekend prior to this last one)- guitars and singing - nothing too loud or outrageous - and then even earlier on Saturday - to me it seems unreasonable to expect dead silence before midnight on the weekend - any more than it is reasonable to expect parents to tie up and gag their children before 10:00 p.m in the morning. - Aug 22 8:40PM

Hey DA i missed your post earlier but id just like to state for the record that I only asked your group if youd mind moving to the beach, never to shut down. it worked on friday night so what the hell i tried again on saturday. to me, guitar and sing-songs are part of the whole nat experience. I was out strumming and singing with frends myself that night (out on the beach!) but unfortunately my wife and son were trying to sleep in the crowded campground which prompted me to visit your group. hell, in the old days i would have joined right in there with you! Luckily once Tom went to bed the volume dropped significantly and there were some nice ballads going on. I told him the next morning "Tokyo" rocked.

Anyway i want you to know who i am and where im coming from not just not some complainer who doesnt understand the scene. peace
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Spots away from the beach are quieter (barring the screeching owl at 4 a.m.). There could stand to be a few more camp sites developed along the drive out, I think. Ear plugs help a lot too with the 6 a.m. crows.
Signature Block.