Shoot the messenger time

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Shoot the messenger time

Post by more force 4 »

OK, enough of this wind drought. After such a great start to the fall, we are supposed to be into the winter storm wind! But we have to get over this, so action is preferable to waiting day after day. I can't burn any of my old boards as a sacrifice (need to be able to sail them, rock on Adagio!). So I propose that we blame the messengers - start with dissing Jimmy Lewis (boooooo, hissssssssss), move on to threatening Environment Canada (if you bunch were real meteorologists, you would have moved to the states or joined the Weather Network), and hack and plant bugs in MM5. More bright colours coming up! Ship all the NOAA staff over to Iraq to serve as pickets guarding Iraqi weather offices. Lets have some ideas, people!

(actually, I just looked at the Archives page for Kelp and Trial and there is often a long wind drought this time of year).
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

More carnage

Post by KUS »

More carnage. I just managed to fall down my concrete front steps getting fresh load of firewood...(as in: I have fallen and I can barely get up) As I sit here bleeding a little and whining (a little while ago cursing a fair bit.....I guess and since it was 5:30a.m. maybe the neighbors have a different view of me now :? ) I could blame my floppy Taiga booties for this but looking at my recent record of events impacting (literally) my body (and gear) maybe someone should really just shoot me now :roll:

So MF4, a few more no-wind days will provide yet another few days of healing the newest scars. I gotta get a Jimmy Neutron bubble suit :x ....and yes, this winter season sucks so far but I do recall droughts ending around December......well....right about the end of this weekend actually :twisted:

I AM the windbringer and it will be sooooooooooo :wink:
Last edited by KUS on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Kus, maybe your blood sacrifice will be viewed favourably by the wind gods. Oh, I forgot to add Bobson to the list :idea: . When Bobson was off for 2 or 3 months in far lands playing rugby, we had seemingly non-stop blistering winds. He comes back and is ready to sail, livens up the bwd site, and what happens? Not even enough for his kite-on-a-stick Formula gear! Coincidence :?: I think NOT :!:

Marcus, I imagine the neighbours just though it was yet another instance of you coming home at 5 in the morning raving, unable to walk and bleeding!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Blaming No wind on good guys...

Post by Bobson »

Okay, STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

It is merely a coincidence that the wind has stopped as soon as I'm ready to get sailing again. Sacrafice, Carnage...please STOP THE INSANITY!! As for it being any weather persons' fault, especially going after our very special Jimmy 'The weather-dude' Lewis is completely reprehensible!! People it is NOT time to start chucking Snowballs at people or Sacrificing their first born or burning boards....it's time to band together and start planning events to bring the wind appreciation members together in thsi time of need(for wind).

How about someone(who doesn't have to play in the Island Final for rugby this weekend) starts getting people organized for the New Years Sip and Dip(and Sail for those of us with sails bigger than 5.8m....BWD..??) I'm going down to IV today to measure that new structure and find out how big a tarp we'll need for making a wind block(just in case the wind starts to blow nearer the end of the month!)

Maybe a moveable FIRE PIT..?? BBQ..?? HOT DRINK DISPENSER..?? PRIZES FOR SAILING/POLAR BEAR SWIM/MOST HUNGOVER ETC...

OR......maybe we should tie someone(not me MAYBE JL) to a stake and burn HIM...HA!! YA, Burn HIM, BURN THEM ALL!!!!!! :twisted:
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

last year i got out once in dec and broke my mast first jibe, then didnt sail again untill february. shouldnt take much to top that effort.
hey even in maui they had a big dry spell this fall. http://mauiwind.blogspot.com/
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

check the new model for Sunday!!!!

Post by KUS »

hey hey hey...check the updated model doods....yesss, the Windbringer, that's ME

Sunday is already looking WAAAAAY better!! :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

If I remeber correctly I think I had the most fun of all windsurfing on the BIC Adagio when I belonged to the UBC windsurfing club. That was a fast board, could take a 6.5 and was really fun and repsonsive. I remeber keeping up to a guy on the latest slalom gear and he was aghast to see what I was riding afterwards. Anyway, it just brought back a good memory ... :D
Signature Block.
TURTLE

Shootin' ... for what...?

Post by TURTLE »

I have been workin' on puttin' a suite in my home. When the rent comes in... after a few years... I should be able to afford a dry suit for the winter sailing, or better yet a trip somewhere warm to sail in the winter months.

Does this have anything to do with this post? I think I hit more than my thumb with the hammer today...

Turtle Out,

Na Nu Na Nu!!
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Its OK for now Jl, you've had a stay from the governor. I personally swore I saw people planing Sat and there was planable wind Sunday. Furthermore, it has been gusting over 30 all morning at Trial (not sure if its making it to shore or not?) No kiters out on the weekend??
JL

Post by JL »

Whew !!! Image
Thermals are good.