Where in Vic do you go to get started

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Danton

Where in Vic do you go to get started

Post by Danton »

I really want to get into Kiteing, I've read everything I can and watched you guys down at IV a few times. Next step is to get a lesson and try it out, anyone point me in the right direction? Preferably somewhere in victoria? How much does it usually cost to get started? Can't seem to find any straight answers on that.
Andr

Post by Andr »

Try to call Exel watersports, they give lessons http://excel-sports.com/
Bosun's locker guys give lessons as well http://www.thebosunslocker.com/
But I think you have to wait till April.

Good luck.
Andrey
Danton

Post by Danton »

Thanks I'll try those two, I figured it would be awhile.
mshepard

Greetings from kitesurfer.ca

Post by mshepard »

Kitesurfer.ca is a PASA certified kite school in Victoria. We usually start with a trainer kite session at Clover Point or Islandview, and then take you to the water after you have had time to practice with the trainer. Nitinat will likely not start till April (best place to learn), however the more time you spend flying the smaller kites, the faster your learning curve will be with the real thing. Give me a shout at 250-883-4389 or and I'll give you all the details

Cheers,
Kitesurfer.ca Inc.
Mark Shepard
Last edited by mshepard on Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
cornfed

no more kite surfers

Post by cornfed »

We do not want anymore kiters in victoria there is no more room
:twisted:
JL

Post by JL »

:lol: He's joking..We need new kiters so we can sell our used equipment to them...I recommend Island view for learning. Jim
Thermals are good.
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

Cornfed, I think you have it all wrong. If a bunch of novices come on the scene without any training they'll probably take out [smilie=biggun.gif] three or four guys, creating a lot more room for you!! [smilie=stupid.gif]
guest 2

new kiters

Post by guest 2 »

are more than welcome

BUT

you must wait for old school to either get seriously injured or killed to fill the spot.

now get your name on that wait list ... happy kiting :twisted: