Just got this emailed to me.

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Spike

Just got this emailed to me.

Post by Spike »

This Monday CBC Radio will be profiling kiteboarders that frequent the Cook Street surf (Clover Point).

This will air Monday, July 10th at 7:15 am on CBC Radio 90.5 FM.
A Medical Health Officer will be on Tuesday to counter the concerns.
CBC Talkback (250) 360-0614 (in Victoria) 1-800-757-1446.
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

Larry, when you say 'profiling', does this mean interviewing? If so, do you know who will be interviewed? Are we supposed to phone in?

ROSS - you're the kind of guy to be up early - call in!

This could be interesting...
Vive et Ama
littlekitegirl

Post by littlekitegirl »

Hey all...

I'm at work and listening to CBC now (if anybody is even around). Apparently they are going to be talking about kite boarders getting sick at Cook street.

Not sure who they are talking to yet, if anybody! Should be on in about 10-15 minutes.

lindsey
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Bill Watterson
littlekitegirl

Post by littlekitegirl »

The report was almost 10 minutes long and was more about the lack of sewage treatment in Vic than kiteboarding or windsurfing (and how the outflow is where we kite).

Regardless, that was pretty gross. I try not to think about it when I'm out there, but always clean everything when I get home!

Anybody want to kite at Gordon's this week?
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Bill Watterson
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I thought it was a decent interview, but more of a "gee, let's see what we have here, oh, sewage, that's pretty bad, and now the interviews with municipal mayors about property taxes"
I noticed that nobody mentioned meningitis, I liked the bit about the guy selling his Gonzales waterfront home cuz of coliform counts on his windows :lol: :shock:

Nice going guys, congrats on standing up for what you believe in (and for us who think the same way but are too apathetic to pursue it) :oops: Does anyone know when some of the call-in people will be aired, if at all?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
colin

Post by colin »

how about putting a new BWD webcam undeneath the water at the outflow to raise some awareness
kite+waves=!