Leaky Bladders -suggestions?.

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Dude

Leaky Bladders -suggestions?.

Post by Dude »

Duh...

Can't find leak

I taken my plastic main strut bladder, out a gazzilion times!, well you get the picture.

I have tried everything to find the leak or leaks. After about 3 hours the bladder has lost about 1/3 of its air volume.

I am tired of people telling me I need more air in my bladder, when I can't find problemo.

Any suggestions?.

Thanks
Duh me!.... :idea: Dude
SeaBiscuit

Post by SeaBiscuit »

Get a new bladder?
Wingnut

Bladder

Post by Wingnut »

I can give you the name of a good urologist, or try windsurfing.
JL

Post by JL »

8) I've had the best luck with: 1. remove bladder. 2. Pump up. 3. Mix up dish soap & water just the right consistency to blow bubbles! 4. take a rag & slowly wipe mixture over bladder until bubbles form. 5. inspect "bubble" area, if you can' see a pinhole you will feel the rush of air on your lips! ( there must be a sexual term for this but I don't know it , I've been married too long!) 6. Mark hole with a permanent ink felt pen. 7. Clean and dry bladder. 8. Deflate. 9. Patch hole with instant (pre glued peel & stick) bike patch, or similar. 10. Inflate bladder to confirm repair was adequate. 11. Place bladder in a bag with talcum powder and give it a good shake. 12. Install bladder. 13. Enjoy a beverage!
Thermals are good.
Quack

Post by Quack »

Sounds like your prostate, you should get a PSA test from your GP...
tam

Post by tam »

The biggest pain has always been to find the puncture first. Sometimes takes a combination of technics to get the job done.
This has always worked for me:
Pump up your bladder and squeeze. Place your eye very close to, and move along the bladder. As your eyeball is very sensitive to air, you should be able to 'feel' the air from the puncture. operative word here is should.

good luck.
Dude

Leaky Bladder

Post by Dude »

Duh....!!...

Thanks all, and thanks Jimmy

I,ve seen a similiar 13 step process in the back of Playboy Magazine, I hope it does not hurt too much.

Ya, I got it. 8)

Letme seee..... Pump up, soapy water, blow bubbles, rush of air on your lips, Mark hole!, deflate, clean off, Patch hole give it a good shake, enjoy beverage

I think I will "enjoy a beverage" first, maybe a couple beers, or allot of beers.......Always need this prior to encounters..hehehehe

And, thanks for other good suggestions:

1. PSA test from your GP - Thats it?, bring it to the Proffesionals :oops:

2. Place your eye very close to, bladder. - That will tickle...hehehe :roll:

3. I can give you the name of a good urologist - I really need a Bladderologist!

4. Get a new bladder? - Do you know a doner (Blood type -A positive)

Duh!..

Regards
Dude

:D :) :) :D :D

leaky bladders

Post by guest »

Hi there,
I don't suppose you have checked to see if it is your valves that are leaking? In an older kite the valves widden with use and are slow leakers (even if there is a one way valve). The trick that I have used to fix this is: 1) take out the white stopper from the valve 2) heat it in boiling water, and as it is hot stick in the largest kite pump end that will fit the opening of the stopper (in order to widden the end of the stopper) 3) with the pump end still in now put it in cold water (this hardens the stopper in its new and larger shape). 4) replace back in kite. You will see if it has worked right away, because it will be harder to plug your bladder valve (nice tight fit!!! :twisted: )