Bonfire at Nitinaht

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
kitesurferdale

Bonfire at Nitinaht

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey All, I am heading out to Nitinaht once again this weekend, and know of some friends from Vancouver also planning to be there this weekend. Was thinking of maybe having a bonfire on the beach, do a potluck.... or something along those lines. If you are into this idea, and would like to participate, let me know!

:D
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Def plans for the weekend at Nit. 8) Planning to take couple of 12 yr old kids, hope the water will be warm enough for them to play. Designing menus now, but can plan for potluck if enough interest!
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Right on, I figure if 10 or more people are into the potluck thing then it should be a go for saturday night!! as for water temp, the weather is slated for nuthin but sun all week out there, so it should have a fair chance to heat up a bit since the rain. Two weekends ago it wasn't too bad, had the shorty on for a bit then switched back to the dry suit. But hey, if there is a Bonfire :wink: then the kids will have all they need to race in and out to keep warm!
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Hey Dale,

There will be a bunch of people up at the lake this weekend because of the IKO course. I'm headed up and I'd be down with a bonfire.

P.S. Don't know if you remember me (John), but my buddy Rob and I met you earlier in the year. Looking forward to kiting with you again this weekend.
kitesurferdale

Hey!!

Post by kitesurferdale »

HEY, yes I do and cool I will look forward to seeing you out on the lake for sure!! I might head out Friday night, but more than likely Saturday Morning and will be ready for a full on session!!!! Whoo Hoo!
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

See you there man. I'm headed up Saturday morning as well. Our course is supposed to start at noon so I'm hoping to be there be about 10:30. Weather looks good for the next while too.
Russian Dood

Bonfire

Post by Russian Dood »

Dale, count me in. I'm heading to the lake Saturday morning.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Hey Dale,
Whats the barbeque situation? Are you thinking of just a bonfire, or did I see barbeque in there ealier? Do I need to bring my little tabletop, or can I leave some sh*t behind? Cook your own meat? I was thinking of making a potatoe salad for the potluck. Trucks getting full, especially if I have to bring kids bikes! Look like the Beverly Hillbillies soon... :roll:
kitesurferdale

leave that shit behind

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey guys, lets do it old fashion style and cook on the bonfire, Potato Salad sounds great, I don't know if many are going to participate with the potluck so.... I will be bringing something for the bonfire, what exactly I am not sure, I was thinking if I could hook up with an old friend in the village to get a few crab to share around, but I don't have a big pot to cook them in, so maybe I could borrow one, I was also going to see if I could convince some other friends for some fresh salmon or rock cod to do up on the fire as well. So... as you can see I haven't got it all planned out rock solid, but should be an adventure to say the least!

Look forward to seeing you all out there!!!

Dale

Post by Guest »

Hey guys, count me in too, I'll bring up something good. Just gotta figure out what. hmmmmm?
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

If you guys have any suggestions of what to bring, write some down and I'll pick anyone.

John
dragon bate

Post by dragon bate »

Hey Johny, I'm supper stoke to gett'er done Nitnat style,

have'nt found a board yet - maybe there will be somone up there looking to get rid of their used board - who knows.

I'm down with the Pot Luck idea - I'll bring a mess of corn-on-the-cobb that's all I can think of right now, I'll try to think of something else.

Peace, R