The road to Nitnat...

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
me

The road to Nitnat...

Post by me »

Hey,

I am new to travelling to nitnat and would like to know what the road is like?!
I have a car that has had a lowering kit put on it and I fear if the potholes are huge.....it would be not so good!
Is the road pretty good much of the time, or does it depend on weather/how much the logging trucks are travelling on it etc.

Any tips or thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

My Jetta thanks you!

A soon-to-be kiter girl :)
Bobson

Road to Nitnat

Post by Bobson »

Hello Jetta girl, it's Bobson. I've been up twice this year and I wouldn't take a lowered car on the road. :wink: The pot holes aren't deep but there are lots of them with lots of smallish rocks(not pebbles). Depending on how low it is....you could probably make it but not best idea. I would suggest hooking up with someone that's going at same time and leave your car at Youbou.

Going in for the first time is always tough as there are a few other roads that join up and sometimes gets confusing which way to go...isn't that right Chris...? :shock: )

Usually lots going up Friday afternoon or Saturday and Sunday mornings.
I'm heading up Friday afternoon if you want to follow or hop in, I could squeeze in two if need be. :idea:

Enjoy!! :D

Road to Nitnat

Post by Guest »

Hi there Bobson!

Thanks for the tips. I am not-so-patiently waiting for some wind so that I can take my lesson!!
BUT....I guess that is all part of a wind sport?! :(
I am so ready to get on the water!
So are most people pretty cool about carpooling up there? I will have lots of play time in June & am hoping to be at nitnat as much as possible!

I may take you up on the ride as soon as I know what I am doing! :)
Also, are people helpful to us newbies? I always find the best way to learn stuff is from those out there doing it. Also, if I am out there doing something wrong, I would rather someone told me!

Anyways, hope you have a great weekend! And I will see you on the water...hopefully VERY soon!

:D
Bobson

Newbies...

Post by Bobson »

I'm always waiting for wind, we all are.
I would think people are good about carpooling. I don't know as I've just driven up myself.
Best part about windsurfing and I'm guessing kiteing as well is that other people out there are fantastic about giving advice. It's a great community as far as sharing info and tips. :D

You have a nice weekend too and I'll see you at Nitnat if you go. I'm the big rugged(some people say ugly)dude, calling everyone dude!! :D
Russian Dood

What Bobson looks like

Post by Russian Dood »

dood
you forgot to add that you and I are only people on that forum who look exactly like their avatars :wink:

Post by Guest »

at risk of drifting from the thread, I figure mine's pretty close, don't you Andrey? 8)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Kus, not guest

Post by KUS »

so much for the auto login. see ya all on the rocky road trip on Monday, Tuesday, +. :D m.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

I certainly can see the resemblance, but let me put it this way, only Bobson and I use real pictures 8) [/b]
kitesurferdale

Carpooling

Post by kitesurferdale »

Bobsons got it right, if you show up on the beach, at Nitinaht or elsewhere that is suitable for learning (in this area anyways) and respect that others are there to sail as well, then you will get a ton of help to learn kiting. As for carpooling, I myself ussually am out in nitinaht every weekend as long as weather looks semi decent, however I hail from Ladysmith. I don't mind giving you a ride, however you are at the mercy of my timetable :)
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
me

Re: carpooling

Post by me »

Hey Kitesurferdale,

Thanks as well. I appreciate the offer of a ride, and may take you up on that!
Ya, being new to this, I would not want to get in anyone's way out there. I am sure that "newbie" will be written on my forehead and that people will steer clear anyways! :lol:
And like I said....any help would be greatly appreciated.
See you out there!

new girl :D