New Tip for Drying Booties

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Mattdog

New Tip for Drying Booties

Post by Mattdog »

I discovered this today by accident:

After rinsing and draining you booties upside down for a spell, sit them on top of the dryer. I have a front loader which makes this more practical. After a few dryer loads the boots should be dry inside!
Signature Block.
asscrack

Drying out

Post by asscrack »

Woooh,you must be bored superstar!!!!!hahahahah :lol:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Not as good as that tip a couple of years ago of the crunched up newspapers. Booties can be close to dry in a few hours if you change the paper. Good way to reuse before recycling; Caution. Paper may need to be treated as toxic waste afterwards, do not leave inside an inhabited space!

Works in unheated spaces too!
JL

Post by JL »

I put them in front of my rear heat ducts in the minivan, leave the engine running while I rig up & it's all good !!! 8)
Thermals are good.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Hey MF4 that newspaper tip was mine too. I get obsessed about the small stuff apparently.

But I was way too lazy to scrunch up newspaper so the top of the dryer thing is a revelation for me. :lol: :lol:

Oh and I realized this morning that all dryers are front loading. :roll: DOH. so it should work with em all.
Signature Block.
JL

Post by JL »

Hot air rises, just leave them on a high shelf in the living room ... Gives your home that road trip smell ... 'I love the smell of wet neoprene in the morning' . 8)
Thermals are good.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Mattdog, I was trying to remember who had posted the newspaper thing. I recall you got the gears for that too (you must be the type to pick at scabs :wink: ). The wife refuses to have the booties in the house unless they are in the basement with the door to upstairs always shut. So no dryer for me!

For those whose housemates refuse to have that comfy wet neoprene slowly drying smell around, try a fan blowing even cold air over a hanging wetsuit - works amazingly.
Bradak

Post by Bradak »

During my apartment days, I put them on the bedroom window sill. The sun kept the stench away. Now, that I'm in a basement suit. I throw them in the boiler room. It's almost a sauna. Dries booties almost overnight.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

heres a fancy rig i put together for boot drying on field trips, works great on booties/gloves.
JL

Post by JL »

First the helmet now THIS ... You win the designer award this week man !!! \:D/
Thermals are good.
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Is that a drill?
Cancer must die!
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Sort of. It's an air driven rotating mixer for pancake batter and such. They don't have those in Russia?
Signature Block.
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

we use sledgehammer for that sort of things
Cancer must die!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Thanks DD! Based on my memory of that pic, I tore out of the house last night just in time to have 20 min at Home Depot trying to find the right parts (which they didn't have). Managed to find a Y-splitting 2" to 1.5" and a bendy bit and a short length of 1.5", $9 later I was on my way home, 4 cuts of a 1.5" pipe and a few glues later I was the proud maker of a lopsided contraption not nearly as elegant as Daves, but apparently just as effective. Had to sneak the girl's hairdryer downstairs, just jammed it it the 2" end, turned the fan to high and the heat to medium. Almost got away with it but Anne heard a curious noise and started asking penetrating questions. Might have to buy a dedicated hairdryer, I can't understand why they think its going to damage the dryer!? But 10 min later the boots were dry!

Works great!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!:
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

just a warning, if you run the dryer indoors you risk polluting the house with bootie stench. i have to use mine in the garage!