OR Proto board lost off COOK St.(

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Gareth

OR Proto board lost off COOK St.(

Post by Gareth »

1st my watch and now my kiteboard. I lost it at Cook St, Friday May 21. Fell off on the outside and couldn't get back to it. Unfortunately it got caught in the current. When I last saw it it was about 150m off clover point, drifting towards the chinese cemetry. It is a OR with blue graffics on the top, orrange bottom with a white stripe down the middle, and OCEAN RODEO written don the stripe. It has my name and tel no. Please keep your ears/eyes out for it.

Thanks, (250)656-0678
Gareth

Leash

Post by Gareth »

Does anyone know of a good leash, other than a surfboard leash for kiteboarding? 9 out of 10 times it is really easy to get back to your board. The one time you don't, it can bereally costly. Hence the question of leashes.
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

Gareth, sorry to hear about your board. We use the Dakine Coil Kite Leash for our school. This has a separate Cuff that straps around your ankle. If you are launching at Cook Street you can put the cuff on, and leave your board at the water's edge. When you are ready to go you simply clip the leash onto the cuff. You can also ditch the cuff and attach it directly to your harness. Give me a shout at (250) 883-4389 or and I'll give you one to try.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks Mark. I will take you up on the offer. Meanwhile, I can only hope that someone finds it soon.
Gareth

Floating board???

Post by Gareth »

AC, ask your skippers to keep an eye out for my board, pass the word to the other boats. thanks in advance. - May 22 5:19PM
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

my board washed up and the person phoned me. moral of the story, its worth writing your name and tel. no on your board.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Well good news for Gareth, now lets all hope for Adam!!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!