Ocean Rodeo Outlaw board Review

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
G

Ocean Rodeo Outlaw board Review

Post by G »

Hey there message board,

What FLI-flex Ocean Rodeo Outlaw boards like, $value new, what kind of riding experience do they offer, who are they design for? They look like weird and sort of dangerous boards, but that is my uneducated initial thoughts. Can anyone enlighten me?
GuyLaDouche

Post by GuyLaDouche »

OHHH ME LIIIKE....
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

They are bullet proof, light, handle chop and are generall good all roun boards. They seem to appeal to all levels of riders. For the cash, they are a great buy.
kitesurferdale

Tough as nails

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey I just go my "used" outlaw board and am loving it to bits. Simply put it is bomb proof, I weight 230 and hit the water hard, my litewave has impact dents in it from my hard landings (most unplanned!) and the outlaw is holding strong. I am not easy on gear so it is good to know that solid construction dosn't come at the cost of board performance.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
adam

Post by adam »

I rode an Outlaw 142 (same/similar to what you're asking about) for a while last summer and really liked it. It has good flex which helps it absorb chop and hard landings (eh Dale!) so your legs don't have to. The flex might slow it down a wee bit, but you won't even notice, its still nice and quick. Plastic fins are good too cause you don't need to worry about rocks... And they are cheap comparatively.
wish I was on the water

Post by wish I was on the water »

They rock, easy upwind and after riding rigid boards for a couple years I can't understand why all board don't have flex like the outlaw.
G

Post by G »

Thanks guys for the info,

Just wanted some reasurance they were quality boards, I had a hard time finding any info about them online other then from the ocean rodeo website. It doesn't seem like many online retailers offer ocean rodeo boards. I Placed a bid on one on ebay - I really like what I hear about they durability cause i'm quit rought on my gear.

Peace, Rob
Seabiscuit

Post by Seabiscuit »

I watched one being tossed out of a second story window and it chipped the edge of it. I believe you will break before the board.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

My outlaw spent 2 days getting bashed against the cliff at Trial Island (Ilost it in the ocean and it was swept out to sea in the current)before being found by a fisherman. It was quite scuffed, but I was able to ride it without making any repairs. there are very few boards(if any) that could take that beating and still be in OK and usable condition. Perfomance wise, there are plenty of advanced riders that use them, which speaks for itself.

Outlaw

Post by guest »

The Frenchies slated it on their recent kit testing in Egypt, personally I think it is great. Hey, they're French...
http://www.chez.com/kitesurfing/special ... 20team.htm
shockkite

Post by shockkite »

can't understand french, but in english, it rocks!
Fly hard, jump high!