DIURNAL WIND

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
morewind

DIURNAL WIND

Post by morewind »

First off, Jimmy, I'm not after your foreasting job, so don't be threatened by this post 8)

The Cdn marine forecast today mentioned this:

"TYPICAL DIURNAL WIND CHANGES ARE
EXPECTED OVER MOST AREAS"

Whazzup with that? :?: A quick google search found this:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/d/tdo107/

Here's the deal -- if the winds aloft are ripping, a sunny day will typically bring those winds down to the ground for all of us to enjoy. :D

I think that happened yesterday with the afternoon clearing. Today, it's still 1/2 cloud which explains why the wind is a whole lot less. :cry:
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: DIURNAL WIND

Post by bwd »

morewind wrote: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/d/tdo107/

Here's the deal -- if the winds aloft are ripping, a sunny day will typically bring those winds down to the ground for all of us to enjoy. :D I think that happened yesterday with the afternoon clearing. Today, it's still 1/2 cloud which explains why the wind is a whole lot less. :cry:
Interesting read - thanks. The only thing I can add is check out the pressure gradient from yesterday compared to today:

It looks like the pressure at Smith Is was a whole lot lower at 5pm yesterday causing a 2.3 mb gradient.

Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
JL

Post by JL »

8) CAUTION: Paying attention to weather details , may lead to forcasting, and subsequently increase your ability to find quality time on the water..."The wind came all ways" from Inv. Canada will contribute to this ailment...Lewis
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

o oh :shock: postBgone ... and here i was thinking that they were tastefull animated boobs :P to play with .... my bad.

hit me up with a pm if you wan't the linkage anybody 8)