Hotties at Nitnat

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Hotties at Nitnat

Post by Bobson »

:D Okay, finally a writeup of what happened at Nitnat from Thursday evening, June 17th until Sunday, June 21st. It's all a little bit fuzzy so here goes...

Arrived Thursday evening at 4pm to 14 kts of wind. BWD said Tues/Wed had blown huge but Thurs was just started to kick in at 3pm. So I rigged the Sailworks 9.0 and GO 150 and ripped in 12-16 kts of wind until 6:30pm when it died. Josh was doing railslide on the big log outfront. Very, Very Cool. BWD got photo's. Big campfire Thursday night near the big railslide log. Some insane dude named Tom(just joking dood!)was playing guitar and the NorthShore fella's were on fire!!

Woke up Friday to outflow winds that got stronger as the day progressed. A few big boards and sails(including myself) tried the outflow from 2pm till about 4pm when all went in and thought it was over. I persisted. It turned at 4:30pm and started to blow 10-12 kts. Then maybe 14 kts, then after about 10-15 board/kites took to the water thinking evening session, it backed off and died. The NS(northshore) Jet ski went out and rescued some kiter dudes. That was it for Friday. Partying was going on till well into the night, hooting and hollering well past my bedtime.

Saturday morning woke up to a gentle outflow that stopped and turned at 9:30am......Wind line with whitecaps by 10:15 approaching. I was first on the lake with the 9.0 and GO 150 and got in 4 runs before coming in for smaller gear. Brought out the 2003 Hypersonic 125 with the 6.9 getting some good time in trying out fins and mast base positioning. It was 11am and blowing 20 kts, 10-15 windsurfers/kites were out and it was gaining strength, Noon it was 25 kts and there was 35 windsurfers and 20 kiters. I stopped to take some pictures and rest my weary hands from hanging onto the Hyperdemonic with the Ezzy 6.9. Very, very fast and manouverable but haven't got the hang of jibing yet and will need another opinion of someone that can actually make a planning jibe to compare to other boards. Comparing to the GO 150, the short length and speed going into the jibe make it tough for the unskilled jiber to just even hang on. Rigged the Ezzy 5.8m from about 1pm till 7pm. Anyways, came off the water at 7pm to eat and rest. Said HEY to BidD and Rebecca(hotty) 10-15 others still out and lots of the Trident Starboards were out being demo'd still. Thanks Declan. Fantastic weekend. I didn't get to demo any as I was trying to dial into the Hyperdemonic. Saturday night started off slow but the campsite was packed and people were buzzing everywhere. A sudden mention of Keg Party at the NorthShore guys camp brought to us by Trident and Declan was just what everyone needed after the long day of fantastic sailing and kiteing! We stopped by for an hour or so but decided it was getting late and if there was any chance of sailing again tomorrow some sleep would have to be gotten. It's kinda sad turning into an old folk but I guess it comes with the territory. Went to bed at approx. 1:30am still listening to the howls from Crazy Tom and the guitar that doesn't stop.

Woke up Sunday to a copy of Saturdays feel. Got packed up and ready to get on the water at the first sign of wind. The outflow turned at 10am and all of a sudden the wind line with whitecaps was coming...it held off until almost 11am but then hit with the fury of a hungry fat guy at a Vegan picnic!! Most everyone was on the water by Noon and it was the best sailing of the whole weekend. 25-30 kts from Noon till 1pm when I left and I was out on my 2003 Hyperdemonic 125 with my Ezzy 6.9m downhauled and outhauled until the lines were violin tight!! Fantastic blasting back and forth over the very steep chop getting air from time to time and having to watch very carefully not to hit anyone at my out of control hanging on for dear life speed!! Anyways, I had to leave at 1pm just as MF4 was getting going. Packed the rest of my stuff up and drove out. Missed the Mill Bay ferry and drove over the Malahat and home just in time to unpack and go to a delicious Fathers Day dinner. YUMM!!

My memories of the 4 days are as follows in no particular order...
- all the beautiful women that were there. Especially the one that flew by me looking so effortless as they sailed and I was hanging on for life!
- the 6 boxes of KD that I ate. helped partially by BWD on Sat night.
- The early morning wake up calls of two young kids.
- The NorthShore fellas(Jamie/Brett(his two insanely tough kids) and other that I don't know thier names that seemed like they didn't stop sailing, drinking, partying the whole time I was there. Nice Work Fella's!
- Casey 7's and Gman for being great guys and bringing me 12 extra beers when I ran out. Thanks fella's!
- BWD and his positive attitude keeping me first on the water and last to leave. Also his salt and pepper!
- JL and his entertainment weather it was the kids, the accents, the hobbit stories or his wit around the campfire and especially the coffee in the AM.
- Jeff lending me his board and always being around the campsite somewhere studying(NOT) with a smile on his face.
- Did I mention all the HOTTIES!!
- Declan and Trident Sports and seeing all the new gear especially those great looking Severne sails and Declan's cute little kid!
- Free Keg of Beer
8) - Seeing everyone I knew there including.....Russian-dude, Big D and Rebecca, MF4, BWD, JL, Robin M. from work, Starboard Steve, Tweezer, Igor and Victoria, Casey Sevens, Gman, Crazy-Singalong Tom, PhDewd, All the NorthShore dudes, and all the beautiful women that adorned the beaches, water and campsite all weekend.

It was a pleasure sailing and I cannot wait until July 4th long weekend to do it all again! :D
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

wow quite the right there bobson! good work on that, did you manage to snap off any pics of the weekend i saw BWD's pics there's awesome!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Nice writeup Bobson. It was shorter than I thought it would be. No mention of your dinner on Thurs or Fri! And thanks for calling me a Hottie!
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

reading Bobson's posts and browsing his photos really makes me want to go up there again someday ... should of gone up Sat/Sun by the sounds of things.
keep 'The Bobson Report' coming dood 8)

btw, was that you Bobson i saw pulled over on the Cowichan Valley hwy adjusting your tiedowns or rack or something? guess you needed to ad an eXtra tie-down to hold down that beast you had on the roof :wink:
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

tie downs

Post by Bobson »

Yes it was me Mr. Pimphanddude, I was howling down the HWY at 120 km/h as the wheels started to leave the road so I thought making sure my airfoil didn't leave the roof!! :D

Saturday Party

Post by Guest »

Hey Bobson nice report but I am sorry I didn't party much or play guitar on Saturday night. I went to bed early for a change. It must have been some other dudes. Mike? Luckly there is always someone ready to step up to the plate for entertainment. On Sunday after you guys left it really kicked in at about 5:30 pm. It was the strongest wind of an awesome week. Now that I am both kiting and windsurfing there was plenty of wind to board all week. We had several 6 sport days. Kiting, windsurfing, dirt biking, splunking, seadooing and arm curls. Awesome time and unbelievable crowds for mid week June! It was as crowded as WIRED. Thanks to Northshore for all their Seadoo rescues. Saved alot of us (me included) from very long walks of shame! Took da boys (Northshore) to the canyon for there first time and they had a blast. For those of you who haven't seen it, it is worth check out. About a 1.5 hour round trip from the camping site to the bottom of the canyon, up the river and back. Great play by play Bobson! Cheers!

TomV

PS You forgot to mention that you were screaming most of the time you were on the water. I give you top marks for enthusiasm and commitment.
Let there be wind!
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

Few pics from the sky can be seen from Sunday

http://www.kitesurfer.ca/Nitinat_1/index.html
JL

Post by JL »

:lol: Yo Dude. Awesome write up!! I think I'm going to have to crash your scene on the long weekend! I've got more coffee bean Dude!!! Over...
Thermals are good.