No Fires but Barbecues in Nitinaht

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Blew By You

No Fires but Barbecues in Nitinaht

Post by Blew By You »

For all those coming up to Nitinaht, Fred called MOF about the fire ban and he was told that barbecues were okay though fires are not. So he went out and bought two big barbecue setups we can use on the beach. They look pretty much like the truck rims except that they are brick and have a grat that fits over top. I set one up just on the beach up at the bottom of the beach where the kiters launch. I think the other one is going to end up somewhere around Vic camps. So the best way to cook (and stay warm) in Nitinaht is to use one of the two 'barbecues'. Bring lots of briquettes and keep in mind that it is a lot easier to light the self-igniting variety. Those little hand-held grates that sandwich your meat work great for cooking too.

Yesterday was really light and went up and down all day because of the rain the night before. Today is pretty much cloudless and warming up fast, I think it'll go off really nice today.

Cheers.
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure :(
tam

Post by tam »

Wow, BBY.

Thanks so much! And thank Fred too!

It will sure beat sitting around a tealight.

:D
pastadude

veggie

Post by pastadude »

Hey what about all the vegetarians?? Do they get their own grill?? Or do they have to eat beef grease too?? :o
Blew By You

Post by Blew By You »

Everybody should probably get their own little 'sandwich' grill. That way eating preferences are not a problem at all. Not only that but the grill that comes with these things is pretty far up from the briquettes and cooking could be fairly slow. :wink:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure :(