Session Log

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

saulman

Session Log

Post by saulman »

Wondering if we might be able to have a switch that hides the sessions that aren't from the Pacific North West. Nothing against having them in the log especially for those who want to keep score but for me they kinda get in the way when you're checking what went on that day. Also makes me a little jealous of those in warmer climes. Yes all you Ventana folks that means you.

Don't know how you would do it. You could filter out all areas that aren't in the predefined list but then if someone discovers a new spot like Deep Bay then that wouldn't show up either.

Maybe have two options for typing your own spot: Secret Spot and Travel Spot.

Any other ways to do it?

S
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I enjoy reading the spoiled snowbirds' reports. They allow me to vicariously sail in bare feet and shorts in the middle of December. Besides, it's only a few extra painful posts to read per day on top of the 'local' ones.
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

No offense, but it sounds like more effort than its worth as opposed to just skimming over them.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Windsurfish

I like reading the posts!

Post by Windsurfish »

I agree with the doc here - I like seeing that someone I know is having fun in the tropics or wherever ......
JL

Post by JL »

I enjoy hearing about lotus land ... 8)
Thermals are good.
more force 4
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by more force 4 »

And I really enjoyed POSTING from lotusland! Follow the doctor's advice! Learn to forgive!

Besides, it would be really boring during the wind droughts if we went for a week or two with no posts at all.
saulman

Post by saulman »

Holy. Shot down on that one!

S
Martin

Post by Martin »

This is the first year (of 10) that I have posted from down in laVentana.
I started only when I saw others doing it. I guess it is partly because we now have wirless internet in the campground. Funny, just recently, I was going to pm BWD about it and ask him. For me it was more about participating on the website. What do you think BWD? Want to do the right thing here. Happy to start up again when home. In the meantime, will still enjoy reading about those big CB days.
martin
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

I loved reading about the sessions from down in Oregon! Following our friends and their off-Island exploits (whether or not it's in cold water!!) is great. I am more jealous of missing a good backyard session here than I ever am of someone having fun in the warmth or in a unique place.
We windsurf - life must be good!
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Snarfer »

Any story that gets me pumped up and out on the water is good with me, no matter where its from. I love those dudes in Northern England. You see the mess they sail in? And he just bought a new house built in 1420!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Session Log

Post by KUS »

saulman wrote:Wondering if we might be able to have a switch that hides the sessions that aren't from the Pacific North West.... Secret Spot and Travel Spot.
S
hey, I like the secret spot, local fave or your travel spot option, tho adding LaVentana to the list might be overdue anyway :wink: Good to see the Mexicans posting....if they all did I can see this might get us into some reading/post issues maybe, right now I like reading up on our snowbirds....I often wondered if they get fewer sessions than they think.....or more than we think I guess, maybe we'll find out. And a nice touch hearing about the bees, sharks, burros, southparks, stingrays and other wildlife down there is kinda fun....since the wind and water conditions don't vary much and your gear used is always the same :twisted: just envy talking :roll:
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

It's also useful if you decide to go to, say La Ventana, you might be interested to know what some people might be sailing or kiting on or how many days people get on the water. That's the stuff I want to know before I go somewhere. Enough said!
Why aren't YOU out there?
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hi BWD fans ...... never thought that posting about sessions would upset people .......... we are all actually locals (from the cold NW)who are spending some fun in the sun. If its bad form please forgive us ........ but we are having some fun and want to share with you all :)
more force 4
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by more force 4 »

FLuffy, Ray, Martin, etc, I think its pretty clear that the nay-sayers are in the minority and he threw in the towel several posts ago!

Besides, it might exclude the 'official' BWD wavesailing camps!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

I think the original post was just asking if there could be a setting that would show or hide non-local session logs. It would be a personal choice if you wanted to see all or just see local ones. He wasn't suggesting that people stop posting logs. I think it's a good suggestion.
Martin wrote:Funny, just recently, I was going to pm BWD about it and ask him. For me it was more about participating on the website. What do you think BWD?
Yes participating in the website by posting your logs is great, wherever you are in the world. I like reading them too so keep posting.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better