windfest 2011

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
kenlinde

windfest 2011

Post by kenlinde »

could you let me know who is organizing the windfest 2011? Not sure what the forum thinks of this but a couple of professional windsurfers would like to put on a windsurfing clinic at Nitnat, and I thought it would be best to coordinate it around windfest. Let me know what you think, thx, Ken
BK

Post by BK »

Not sure that will go over too well... Lately Windfest has been geared more towards kiting. Having said that, maybe getting ahold of Judi Lamb at the store in Nitinaht would be a good place to start. (250)745-3375
Pretty sure the lack of intrest in organizing killed that one. :(
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

more like the lack of wind when (re)scheduling it in August :roll: instead of the 99% sure thing of third week in July :idea: ding ding

I'm sure Port Alberni www would welcome a windsurfer clinic. Hope they get their lease renewed 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
bbthelooper

Post by bbthelooper »

PA is a good idea. It is more geared to windsurfers, and would benefit from a windsurfing event.
Sandy Beach

Port Alberni, windsurfing clinic

Post by Sandy Beach »

Yes, agreed! Ken, please get in touch with me regarding Port Alberni for a summer 2011 windsurfing clinic for more information.

Thanks,

Sandra
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
kenlinde

Post by kenlinde »

sorry I wasn't aware of the PA event. the only reason I am bringing this up is that I was at an Aloha clinic in Maui with Matt Pritchard and Shauna Cropas and they indicated an interest in doing a clinic at Nitinat. (mostly because Shauna is a Canadian and has done an article on Nitinat many years ago for Windsport). I have been sailing at Nitinat for the past ten years as my favourite location and mentioned that the windfest attracts a lot of sailors. Having said that, I am sure that any locale with interested sailors would be of interest to them. I will get in touch with you Sandra for more info. thx, Ken
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Shhhh PA is a secret spot - locals only! :P :P :P
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Sandy Beach

Port Alberni, summer windy zone

Post by Sandy Beach »

nanmoo wrote:Shhhh PA is a secret spot - locals only! :P :P :P
Nanmoo, Port Alberni was a spot for locals only for many years until 2010, when Wild West Watersports, along with an outpouring of helping hands and assistance helped create access to the windy canal through the industry-based waterfront.

<a href="/http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=462909397129" target="_blank">Here's a bit of background, aired on Shaw Daily in Port Alberni through the summer 2010.</a>

Looking forward to hearing from you, Ken!
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Wow. I'd love to see Matt Pritchard at Nitinat OR PA.
I wish my TOW was longer!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I know I know, I was joking!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
kenlinde

clinic

Post by kenlinde »

have pm'd Sandra to pursue this further. can say that Matt does travel around doing clinics (Australia this month) and is a very patient, competent instructor.
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

And let Matt know we do have a set of carbon fiber crutches he can use when he's here so he can leave the ugly aluminum quiver at home! :wink: :) (for those of you that saw the interview.)
We windsurf - life must be good!