Oregon Coast sailing spots?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
eric

Oregon Coast sailing spots?

Post by eric »

Hey All,

I'm getting married in June and we want to do a motor-home trip down the coast for our honeymoon, possibly as far as San Francisco. I'm looking for good campsite/beach/Kiteboarding locations along the way. :) Any recommendations? As well if you have any other must see stops or upscale hotel/bed & breakfast locations please chime in.

Thanks
Eric
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The Florence Jetty is nice that time of year, great kiting. Waves can get kinda big tho, not sure of your comfort level.
The camping on the jetty is free and really gives u a wonderful sense of being in the elements. Your motorhome is made of one or two piece fiberglass, right?

HEY, 1500 POSTS :!: :D ....... :shock: ................. :oops:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

I am a second one to vouch for the Jetty. Very romantic honeymoon spot.
Cancer must die!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Most of the cities on the OR coast are pretty run-down by our CDN coastal town standards. Although you are apt to find a movie theater and a walmart no matter how small the population. You can find some really nice B&B's or hotels for very reasonable prices in the decent towns. Start at Cannon Beach (which is basically Tofino by another name), super nice surf beaches in the area and no walmarts to be seen. Central coast is dodgy at best, Newport is alright, to the south end, Brookings Harbour is nice. Just don't expect it to be warm, it won't be.
Don't forget to bring a towel!