Baja Windsurfing

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
mortontoemike

Baja Windsurfing

Post by mortontoemike »

I am thinking about a week windsurfing vacation in Baja this winter. I haven't been before. Does anyone have information about Baja Joe's as a place to stay and rent equipment? Any other suggestions?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Joe's or Captain Kirk's seemed like great places :P , a few others also rent great accoms but not with rental gear from what I recall. You could buy a used board or two there like I did and then sell again and take the rest of your stuff by air. Kirk's has a better windline and view, Joe's is downwind a bit and had urchins on beach when I was there but things have changed since the hurricanes I imagine....both can pick you up and drop at La Paz airport. 8) depending on your bucks you can easily tent on the beach and buy prepared food/water/beer from locals who come by regularly. All you do is sail all day and sit by the fire at night anyhow.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

BTW, not sure why nobody else replied as I'm certainly not an authority on Baja having been once but tons of others are....
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....