Friend in Cabarete

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Stammy

Friend in Cabarete

Post by Stammy »

Hey Y'all,

For those of you who don't know me, my name is John Stamhuis and I just wanted to shout out to everyone back in Victoria. I've taken a job as a kiteboarding instructor in Cabarete and just wanted to let everyone know that if you are ever making a trip down here, you've got some Canadian friends here. You can find me at Kitexcite (www.kitexcite.com) or give me a shout by email if you're headed down. .

Hoping to see some Canadians down in the Dominican,
John Stamhuis

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the invite man, I'm headed downlater next month. I'll send you an email.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey JOHN way to go dude!!!!! nice!, heh Dale here if you don't recall
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Hey Dale,

Good to hear from you man. Hope things are going well back at home and that you're able to squeeze some more days in before the season ends. Ever since Hurricane Jeanne last week, the winds have been crap. Supposedly they'll be back to normal again tomorrow. Be thinking about you guys at home while I'm kiting in my shorts (sorry, just couldn't resist).

John
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Holy !@#$!@#$ crap man, were you there when it hit, and if so what was that like! Hey what you talkn bout I am still sailin in the shorts!!! summer will never die!!!!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Ya, I guess I'm speaking to the wrong guy when talking about kiting in shorts. Kudos to you man. As for the hurricane it was pretty intense, We had to board up the kite school andclear out all the gear because it's right on the beach. We were O.K. though, our place is pretty good. It has been almost two weeks and the winds are just starting to get back to normal now.
Armstrong

DR

Post by Armstrong »

Hey John,
Hows the D.R.? I'm glad you survived the hurricane! Have you met up with Jonathan from the instructor course yet? When r u getting married?
L8R,
Don
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Hey Don,

Cabarete's awesome. You gotta get down here some day. I met up with Jon about two weeks ago but he's in and out of town a lot with Instructor courses. Hope instructing is going well back at home.

John
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Hey boys and girls,

Just wanted to let people know that I'm now managing at Kitexcite www.kitexcite.com and for any of you skateboarding buffs we are due to finish our skate park in December. Just write me an email if you're headed down and I can set you up with special deals while in Cabarete.

John
skypilot

Post by skypilot »

Here is an article that John wrote on the scene in Cabarete - looks pretty sweet

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/homepage.html

Skypilot