Lost Board ReWaRd 300$ Columbia Beach

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Teabag

Lost Board ReWaRd 300$ Columbia Beach

Post by Teabag »

Just when I thought 2012 couldnt possibly be @#!^*# ....

Lost board at Columbia Beach
North Jaime 139 X 42

300$ Rewards, Ian 250-589-6978

Board have been found a km or two north of CB in the past, if you live in the area, have Friday(tomorrow) off and need to walk your dog on the beach you could make 300$ and make someone very happy!!!
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

was this your first outing with the new board?

bummer deal bro... I hope it turns up
KeyserSoze

Post by KeyserSoze »

I need to head up to that area today to pick up a surfboard so I'll bring a dog for the trip and take a look for you.
Vik

Post by Vik »

I hope you get the board back Ian! :(
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Board Found !!! :)

But its far, On Texada Island :(

Comox to Powell River than powell river to island. Anyone ever been there? Hopefully ferry run early enough and late enough so I can do day trip to and back from Comox.

WrItTiNg PhOnE NuMbEr on the board, good idea !!! :P
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Teabag wrote:Board Found !!! :)

But its far, On Texada Island :(

Comox to Powell River than powell river to island. Anyone ever been there? Hopefully ferry run early enough and late enough so I can do day trip to and back from Comox.

WrItTiNg PhOnE NuMbEr on the board, good idea !!! :P
does the postal, bus or courier system not work?....even for an extra $20 spot to top a reward and when the Texada guy leaves the island to go shopping? Easily worth it
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

I offered her money as soon as she mentionned that she found the board. I would feel bad to ask them to send courier, and since she refuse money (will beg them to accept when I meet them) I kind of feel bad to ask them about doing the prep and paying fees for courrier. I know it is lots of gas and driving time but oh well, it was a brand new board.

(Not sure the state it will be though after ~ 60 days in water)
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

You can send something to her by courier (like a nice wine and cheese, etc. basket) and have courier pick up board at same time to return to you, it really should not need packaging, does it? You can do label ahead of time, UPS will do that.
We windsurf - life must be good!
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

And one more thing - all you folks write your phone numbers on board!!!! I found a fairly new kiteboard off Kanaha, way, way out past Uppers, and trashed my session bringing it in to shore on a windsurfer, hooked over one arm in sub-planing conditions (that hurt). Only to find no identifying markings! Bad on someone ... they never claimed it on kite forum and I left at shop (and I fear the shop-guy had no intention of trying too hard to find owner!)
We windsurf - life must be good!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Geoffy wrote:found a fairly new kiteboard off Kanaha, way, way out past Uppers ... they never claimed it on kite forum ...
in my limited experience the K lifeguards spend more time watching bikinis than anything else....that guy's probably like Marty's buddy at LV...fishfood :idea:

Good idea with the return courier tho, might be tough for Texada.... tho it brought a smile to my face.... something SNL about presenting "a box.... with your junk in that box" :D Texada may be a lonely island :wink:

edit: ok, just so Moo doesn't get confused again....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Kus wrote:... tho it brought a smile to my face.... something SNL about presenting "a box.... with your junk in that box" :D Texada may be a lonely island :wink:

edit: ok, just so Moo doesn't get confused again....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg
Kus that could be the funniest thing you have posted in the 1929 posts to date. This topic came up last week at work and it is still very very funny! "Step 1...cut a hole in the box..."
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Oh I know about the _____ in the box Kus... Favorite present to give friends, family and aquaintences come birthdays, Christmas or just to say "thank you".
Don't forget to bring a towel!