Heading to the Gorge/Oregon coast tomorrow

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Heading to the Gorge/Oregon coast tomorrow

Post by bwd »

Hey if anyone wants to hook up I'll be in the Gorge or on the Oregon coast until Aug 5. Send me an email at , I'll check it every few days. Anybody have plans to come down before August?

Hopefully the website is ok - if it goes down it could be down for a while...

dave :wink:
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hey everyone, well I made it back from a great trip to the Gorge/Coast. I actually sailed every day (18 days in a row!) which is not too bad. The Gorge was good 4.7 mostly with a few lighter 5.2 days and some cranking 3.5 days too. It was super hot with highs near 105 deg at times. I mostly sailed the Hatchery since most of the wind was in the corridor and with a few afternoon sessions at Dougs and two good days at the Wall.

I got 4 days of wavesailing in at Florence with the first day in the fog (sounds familiar eh?) with a 5.2 and head high surf then 3 crazy 4.0 days with logo high surf. There was also huge mast high rollers going by the end of the jetty that were fun to ride.

On Thursday on a 3.5 at the Hatchery I landed on my gear after a bad jump and bruised my ribs. I managed to sail on Fri for a bit but it was super painful and I knew it was time to come home. I first thought they were broken but I just had an x-ray today and they are ok. But I might be out for a week or so. It sounds like it has also been good around here the last two weeks with 3-4 sailing days/week at Gordons??

dave
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

dude, sorry to hear about your ribs, but it sounds like it was worth it!

you sailed "the wall" you lucky_dawg ... that place used to scare me, always thought the train was gonna derail there.

so tell us, what new gear did you come back with this time?
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

wind_dummy wrote:dude, sorry to hear about your ribs, but it sounds like it was worth it!

you sailed "the wall" you lucky_dawg ... that place used to scare me, always thought the train was gonna derail there.

so tell us, what new gear did you come back with this time?
Thanks wind_dummy, the ribs are getting better now. No really exciting gear just upgraded a few sails since my 2002 sails were getting pretty old... :D
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

2002 sails? old? hahaha , you're funny dave!

i'm not even sure what year mine are, it's been so long.