Kiteboarding in Portugal

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
colin

Kiteboarding in Portugal

Post by colin »

Has anyone been wave sailing in Portugal? What are the best areas for wind and waves?
kite+waves=!
dunkinguy

SAiling in Portugal

Post by dunkinguy »

I've been to Guincho twice. It is a sweet spot with side on conditions and a great beach break. There used to be camping just up the hill. There are also some really reasonable house rentals not far from the beach. Good surfing and climbing on no wind days and Sintra and Cascais are great cities close by with great food, wine and culture. Love Portugal!
Love The Hate!
colin

Post by colin »

Awesome. Our tickets are booked and the RV is reserved.
kite+waves=!
smokedvw

Post by smokedvw »

I lived there for 4 months in the summer. Guincho in the summer was pumping pretty much daily. I'm sure you will love it. We would just drive over each day to ride. There are some RV camping areas just up the way from it, maybe 5 minutes. Not sure how full they become in the summer as we had a house.

Kiting over there is like the wild wild west of kiting ;) I saw a few kites end up in the big rock bluff. Also the rescue is a lifeguard with a paddle board ;)

Are you driving around to different areas?

How long are you there for?
colin

Post by colin »

We rented a sprinter style RV for two weeks September 9-24 and plan on going wherever the surf and wind is best.
kite+waves=!