Girl On A Board Kite School Adds an Upwind Drop off Service

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
girlonaboard

Girl On A Board Kite School Adds an Upwind Drop off Service

Post by girlonaboard »

We have a group of local beginner kiters that we really want to see riding upwind and kiting daily before we leave for the season...

So we have an inexpensive upwind drop off service to help students and non students learn to ride upwind!

See below for more info
Attachments
We are So excited to leave Port Alberni with a Group of New kiters!.png
We are So excited to leave Port Alberni with a Group of New kiters!.png (197.56 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
girlonaboard

China Creek- the next hot kite spot on Vancouver Island

Post by girlonaboard »

Looking forward to returning to China Creek Campground in Port Alberni. It will be our third summer kiting and camping there. The wind is as consistent as Nit Nat. Comes up everyday at 1pm till sunset. The webcam in town shows that it shows up at 5, but we can count on it blowing by 1pm in the campground. If your planning to go the thing to look for is the tempature differential from Bamfield to Port Alberni. Even when its raining if their is a temperature differential it still blows, which is a cool experience since the clouds in other locations kill the wind . The campground has a discount if you stay for 2 days and take lessons then your 3rd day is free. The campground is full service with water, electricity, a restaurant and great hiking trails to enjoy before the wind arrives. To get to the campground its only 6k on a dirt road and 15 minutes outside of Port Alberni. Email us for more info the kite community is growing annually in China Creek we are looking forward to spending another summer there.
MartyD
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by MartyD »

The wind starts at 10-11 at Nitinat, it blows when it is raining elsewhere, it is stronger and it blows longer. I am sure China Creek is great but is surely not
as consistent as Nit Nat
Let's just make sure the facts stay in the conversation :roll: Also let's compare our wind graphs at the end of the season :wink:
windsurf247

Post by windsurf247 »

Oh Marty🙄 Don't start getting your panties in a knot again. Nitinat will continue to be just as busy as it has been for the last 30 years regardless of how popular China Creek, Port Alberni, or any other 'new' spots get. Nitinat is a magical place and that's why people will continue to go there.

Kiting is a growing sport thanks to people like you and Nicole. We should be promoting new spots and spreading positive vibes within the community instead of butting heads with each other about whose got the better beach. We need to embrace every new spot.

Let's try to change the tone of this conversation for this season. We live in a wind paradise. Let's be thankful for that by showing each other some love.
girlonaboard

China Creek- the next hot kite spot on Vancouver Island

Post by girlonaboard »

We have and will continue to ignore any negativity coming from Marty. I am a mother of 2 babies and need to build a community around me for them and myself. The community at China Creek is growing quickly and we are happy to be apart of it. We live and work side by side all of the kite schools in La Ventana (there is close to 20 schools). We help each other out often catching kites, giving a push when we get stuck in the sand ect and we will carry that same supportive attitude with us where ever we choose to work when we are not in Baja.
The sport is growing and we love to teach and share this amazing sport. Even if we attract clients to China Creek away from NitNat those kiters will bring more people to learn and more people learning means more business for all. Rising tides float all boats.
We all have a place and our own strengths to offer the kiting community. It would make more sense to work together to show the community of future kiters the reason to join this club. Especially with the growing number of children getting into this sport it is even more important to be available to help when we can.
We actually chose to move to China Creek so that we would not be direct competition with Elevation whom are my neighbors here in Baja and for whom we have the deepest love and respect. When my babies learn to go to the beach by themselves they will be walking past Mark and Maries house/business. Maintaining a loving relationship with my neighbors is a deep priority and we are happy to have our clients go to other schools when we are busy and vice versa.
By comparing China Creek to NitNat it is writers tool to use less words to create a visual. Everyone knows NitNat is amazing. I love it there. A total magical place. With well established schools that provide safe lessons. Finding a place where you can teach well and safely is lucky and we feel lucky to also be on the island.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Just a thought; if you continue to post free ads on BWD, as a business I'm sure BWD would be appreciative of you supporting the site with a banner ad like other businesses have. If you are already, then my apologies.
Don't forget to bring a towel!