Big JR day

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Russian Dood

Big JR day

Post by Russian Dood »

JR was HUGE!

The wind on the beach was 25 gusting to 32. Good sets of waves on the inside, house size waves, that one can see from the beach on the outside.

Kiter Mark put a nice show skimming on top of the water and making insane jumps (30 ft easy). The only kiter out =D>

It came up more after Windaddiction left. So all the boyz had to wait out a bit.

One guy (sorry, man, don't know your name) swiched to 3.7 and he was a happy camper, BWD managed to hang on on his 4.0 and morewind, ULR and Mark were on something similar.

Swell picked up a notch at around 5ish and it was almost mast high! By almost I mean that when a sailor was coming in between waves all you could see was just a top panel!

Very good action! Very impressive =D> =D> =D>

Morewind stoped for a while to get some of this action on film (or should I say on a memory stick) hopefuly we'll see it soon!

To bad I felt chicken today and didn't go out :oops:
Gdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gdawg »

"One guy (sorry, man, don't know your name) swiched to 3.7 and he was a happy camper"

That happy camper was me (Graham). Cheers to having a boss who sails (although he definitely missed it today) and lets his employees catch the big days. After a year of hearing about the fabled JR, and a bunch of times trying to catch it, I think I can now say I've seen it when it was good. Definitely a fun day.

G
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

Well JR was deffantly and experince! First time try at "wave sailing" and i must say waht a rush, looking over your right shoulder to see a big wave breaking behind you, and plus you dont have to paddle out to the surf! I'll hopefully be getting a cd of photo's of my friend who was thier taking pictures, and then I'll get them out to you guys!
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

dave owned it yesterday ... living up to his title

mark got 1 jump that i would estimate at approx 50ft

who knows when a day like that will ever happen again :-s
bwd
Developer
Developer

Sweeeeeet

Post by bwd »

Yeah an excellent and very rare day out there. I could hardly sleep last night I kept thinking about those waves. Nice rides out there Graham. Great pics PimpHand!
windaddiction wrote:I'll hopefully be getting a cd of photo's of my friend who was thier taking pictures, and then I'll get them out to you guys!
I'd love to see those pictures windaddiction.
dunkinguy

JR

Post by dunkinguy »

Hey Graham,
Are you from Kingston originally? I was just in Maui and met a buddy of yours at Hi-Tech. He assked if I knew you. Guess I haven't been on the water enough lately. Look forward to meeyting you on the next big JR day in 1o years. Nice score dude!
Trevor
Although I am jealous of you guys, I ease my pain thinking about the Moreno twins who were staying in the house next to mine in Maui.
Love The Hate!
morewind

Post by morewind »

Here are some videos from yesterday at JR. Beware of the file size - they're mondo. :shock: Best to right-click on the links and save to your PC.

I'm making a compilation video that should be more modem friendly. I'll post when it is ready.

....movies removed to save disk space...see below for the compilation movie or contact Morewind....
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Great vids! More! More! Did you catch any good jumps on video, Morewind? I feel even worse for having missed it, but keep 'em coming!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
morewind

Post by morewind »

thanks WindDoc. I'll see if there is a video with some jumping action.

Here is a compilation of 5 videos. It's a bit smaller compared to downloading them all, but still 20M.

JR movie by Morewind (20.5 MB)

Thanks to BWD for helping me with the uploads and offering server space for these vids.
matthew

round two

Post by matthew »

:D hey everybody

jr was sweet on tuesday and guess what its happening again. reports show friday west swell 18 feet with 20-30 knots west. im playing hookey again. hopefully the wind will be a little more user friendly lol.....
see you old guys out there that is if your not too sore from tuesday 8)
JL

Post by JL »

Image SAWEET!!!!!!!!!
Thermals are good.

cant get off work

Post by Guest »

8) sucks to be you if you cant get time off
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

Hey Morewind, you don't have any shots or video of me doing the repeated rinse cycle followed by a leisurely swim? How many times do I have to do it, wasn't the 1/2 doz plenty? What? I'm not exciting enough for ya!
Dave and Graham were kings!
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
morewind

Post by morewind »

Hey ULR - sorry, no vids this time. But, I found a couple of pix with you in them. Just posted them last night. They seem to be attracting a fair bit of attention. Not sure why. :o

Here's the link ...

http://www.bigwavedave.ca/gallery/displ ... =128&pos=9
Unusually Large Robin

Post by Unusually Large Robin »

Should be obvious why so many hits, it's all the chicks checking us out. It's also ok that you don't have any video of my maui big wave training (swimming) :wink: