Cold Weather this year

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

TURTLE

Cold Weather this year

Post by TURTLE »

I essentially started into this sport last spring. I was at Nitnat Lake with some coaching from Vic (The Mayor) about this time last year. My join date to this site (May 2nd) was about my 2nd or 3rd trip out to Nitnat. About May 2nd I met Bobson and he told me about this website.

Where is the heat this year hey!!!
TURTLE

Not to take anything away from the Columbia Pipeline

Post by TURTLE »

Columbia has been great!! No complaints there!!

Maybe I will have to breakdown and buy a dry suit.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I'll say its cold! It was such a warm winter but since Bobson and I sailed Nitinat in February, its turned cold. Hmmm, maybe the weather gods are getting back for our audacity! Can't wait for that warm flat windy Nitinat weekends! Going to nail the planing gybe there soon!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

Turtle you progressed to ripping waves at CB in less than a year? my hat/helmets off to you! tough out the cold, it cant last more than a couple more weeks, nitinat season always gets going by late apr/may. MF4 and bobson have obviously jinxed us all by going there back in feb.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Yep, April 11-12 weekend was the first big one for Nitinat last year, they were regular after that. See a great description (novel chapter, really :D ) by Bobson
http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewto ... 02&start=0