Job Opportunity Nitinaht Village

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nitinaht_brat

Job Opportunity Nitinaht Village

Post by nitinaht_brat »

Full Time Work with Ditidaht First Nation:

Youth Worker (counselling and recreation)
Family Care Worker (counselling and case work)
Early Childhood Educators (daycare)
School Teachers (various positions)

For more information please contact Judi Lamb-Thomas at Ditidaht Administration by email
TURTLE

Nitnat Job Info

Post by TURTLE »

I emailed to the listed address. But no reply after 2 days(I realize not everyone checks their email daily). I was curious how many jobs these were, or was it just one.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

there are a number of jobs, and I will let Judi know you emailed her turtle.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
halifaxkitesurfer

HUGE THANKS!!!

Post by halifaxkitesurfer »

Hi Dale,

I don't know if you remember me or not but I was trying kiting for the first time last summer on the beach! you'd know me to see me. i was visiting from Halifax!

I jsut wanted to say a huge thanks to you for putting those jobs up! I have applied to the email address and hope to hear back soon. If offered I am packing up my subaru and heading cross country! THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time.

Cheers bro.

Happy kiting.

Kevin[/b]
TURTLE

Thank-you

Post by TURTLE »

Have a great weekend.
nitinaht_brat

Jobs at Nitinaht

Post by nitinaht_brat »

The closing date for each of the positions is May 27, 2005.

We anticipate each position to be permanent and hope to enter into a one or two year contract to start.

Housing year round may be provided.

Please contact me by email and let me know which position you are interested in - I then will forward you the detailed job posting.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Challenging jobs and location not for everyone, but what an incredible opportunity this is for windsurfers or kiters! I see the Youth Worker job description even includes "recreation". Hmmm, what kinds of recreation are suitable for kids at Nitinat? And get those kids on the water and they will be world class within a couple of years and all kinds of opportunities will then be open to them. You could really make a contribution to the direction the community takes in future. I think wind-centred eco-tourism opportunities are huge. If you apply, don't forget to negotiate flexible work hours!!! 8)