Search found 57 matches

by jump'njibe'njim
Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:16 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: water assist at nitnat
Replies: 63
Views: 13858

Probably lonely, drunk, his wife left him, no wind, tired of his right...well, anyway, theres no way anyone in their right mind would realisticallly object to rescue services. I don't drink beer, but a rescue would be worth a good helping of whatever I got that might do you good; even cash. Thanks f...
by jump'njibe'njim
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:31 pm
Topic: water assist at nitnat
Replies: 63
Views: 13858

I did some kitesurfing then went back to windsurfing. I'm glad I learned the basics of kiting because I am not intimidated by them any more. I like to sail upwind just past the kiters, zip around for a while, then do a blazing downwinder back to the beach for a break. I can easily go wherever I want...
by jump'njibe'njim
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Webcam at Nitinaht
Replies: 30
Views: 7615

I was particularly happy to see that I had called it right during that hot spell, "too hot; won't be windy" I said to myself. What a relief when I looked and saw that I was right. So I was glad to see no whitecaps on the Nitinaht webcam. Hmm. That just dosen't seem right.
by jump'njibe'njim
Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:05 pm
Topic: Sail Rigging Advice/Discussion
Replies: 20
Views: 4325

Sounds like you've sorted it out. It would be interesting to know which manufacturers we have had better than good experiences with: the ones that gave you impressive service in these kinds of situations. Mine would be Ezzy after replacing a batten on a used sail; I e-mailed him, he answered, arrang...
by jump'njibe'njim
Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:28 pm

You know, it sounds like you got a lemon. "Don't worry about sailing it.....but better lower?" So what is it? Is it perfect or less than perfect? Brand new sail that won't rig right? Forget it. Send it back and get what you paid for. You know how you like your rig. You've spent ten years l...
by jump'njibe'njim
Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:48 pm

I don't have any solutions but I do wonder if posssibly, Mr. McGain is less concerned about closing the gap than you are. I'm only 5'7'' so having no gap (thereby keeping everything as low as possible) is a must for me. But I can't believe how often, especially in magazines, I see riders with gaps I...
by jump'njibe'njim
Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm
Topic: Beginner In need of advice
Replies: 3
Views: 1339

The Starboard Start is probably your board. It's big and wide to make it easy and early planing. Buy the best used you can and sell it when you are ready to move to smaller, windier boards. Get a non-cambered sail around 6.5 meters to start. You're big, so you'll want a bigger one later (8m or more)...
by jump'njibe'njim
Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:47 pm
Topic: chinook euro pin base whats the verdict
Replies: 15
Views: 4081

I've been using the Chinook mechanical universal joint bases for a long time. I like them best because of the zero deflection; the mast really is in the centre of the board. I have better control and can drive the power into the board with a feeling of accuracy. I used one for years until it was so ...
by jump'njibe'njim
Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:28 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: nitinat road
Replies: 0
Views: 661

nitinat road

I wonder how the logging and campsite roads are this year. How's that rough spot just after you enter the campsite, what with all the storm damage last winter? My new surf wagon has passenger car clearance and I'm accustomed to a pickup truck. Don't want to fall in any craters. Gettin' ready to go s...
by jump'njibe'njim
Sat May 26, 2007 11:19 am
Topic: Bare 4/3 Force Full
Replies: 7
Views: 1991

Hey hey, thanks ~~~~~4j~~,
New rubber is on the way!
Said he didn't have it
but he looked around;
called me back
my size was found.
Laid down the plastic
now it's fantastic....

If it dosen't get windy for a while it's my fault.
Thanks, Jim.
by jump'njibe'njim
Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Hey 4j, can you get into that suit and zip it up without help?
by jump'njibe'njim
Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 am

Bare 4/3 Force Full

I wonder if anyone has any comments to make about this wetsuit. I need a new one and it looks pretty good for the $299 price tag. I'm little and skinny and I wimper when I'm cold so I wonder if the smoothskin 4/3 will be as warm as the Bodyglove 5/4/3 (with only partial smoothskin) I've been using f...
by jump'njibe'njim
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:31 pm
Topic: Ladies' Windsurfer
Replies: 14
Views: 3645

Yer right on that; any newer board of appropriate volume would be best.
by jump'njibe'njim
Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:20 pm
Topic: Ladies' Windsurfer
Replies: 14
Views: 3645

I agree with windsurfish in that the board is quite big for you. I'm about 130 lbs. and 110 litres floats me high and dry. So you really have way more floatation than you need. An old style longboard is a good investment, especially since you might even get one for free. You'll develope skills that ...
by jump'njibe'njim
Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:24 pm
Topic: Sailworks Huckers....
Replies: 10
Views: 2456

On the other hand... Last year, I bought bwd's Ezzy 5.8 wave and sailed it at the Nat for three days in a row. I had been sailing an old Sailworks Race 5.0 for many years; which, from what I've read sounds surprisingly similar to the Hucker. I broke a batten so had to sail the old Sailworks which I ...