Search found 9 matches

by PeterG
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:45 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurfing in Victoria?
Replies: 6
Views: 3559

Thanks for the comments. I guess I’ll start off at cook street when we get our gear up here and venture out from there. I’ve got foil gear but decided to put that on hold for a year. I guess Ross Bay is the place for that? That’s where the one guy was but I couldn’t tell where he launched. We’ll als...
by PeterG
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurfing in Victoria?
Replies: 6
Views: 3559

Windsurfing in Victoria?

Hi, we just moved to Victoria from the Gorge (and previously Vancouver). I swung by Cook St. / Dallas Rd today around 3:30pm thinking it should be great conditions with a great turnout. I saw about half a dozen kiters, one wing foil and one windsurf foil. No windsurfers. What's up? No windsurfers le...
by PeterG
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Driving to Port Angeles
Replies: 3
Views: 1528

That's great. Thanks. We actually live in white salmon and it's uncannily 1 hour to PDX regardless of time of day. I'll tack on 4 hours from there and call it 5 hours to the ferry.

Cheers, Peter
by PeterG
Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:31 pm
Topic: Driving to Port Angeles
Replies: 3
Views: 1528

Driving to Port Angeles

Hi, I'm in the gorge and going to be driving to catch the Port Angeles ferry to Victoria in a month. It's a 2:00pm departure. Anyone have any rough guide on how long it takes to drive from Hood River (or PDX if that's a better frame of reference for those who only go down to the Oregon coast), the b...
by PeterG
Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:10 pm
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13503

Drysuit stories

I can vouch for older drysuits certainly being a hazard. We all called those Helly Hansen suits death bags. I bought mine for icy cold Ontario but blew the zipper in the summer in Squamish. I was in the river and the thing completely filled up with water to the point where I had to light wind water ...
by PeterG
Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:37 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2011
Replies: 187
Views: 42768

Add one more to the list heading down from Vancouver. Looks a little light on the weekend so I was thinking HR to start and GB by the 14th. Hope to see people out there.

Peter and Rhonda (out of commission, though)
by PeterG
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:11 am
Topic: Columbia
Replies: 8
Views: 2235

Hey, thanks everyone for all of the kind and useful advice. We had sailed there once before in mild conditions so that was really the first time and we were slightly intimidated. We may have been left quivering on the beach if it hadn't been for all the encouragement. In the end, that was two great ...
by PeterG
Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 am

Thanks. 8:30 ferry it is! 6:30 already out of the question. Does anyone have any favourite cheap motels in the area?
by PeterG
Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Columbia

Hi, a couple of quick questions to those in the know. 1. is there a certain tide that makes for the best wave riding at Columbia? Flood, ebb, slack, high, low? 2. is it going to go off Friday and Saturday this week. I've made the trip once from Vancouver and we sat and stared at awesome swell with n...