Search found 5 matches

by Matty1174
Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Recommendations on Winter Wet Suits
Replies: 22
Views: 4692

I have an O'neil mutant wetsuit from 2010. It is a 5/4, and I was lounging around in the water the other day with no issues. I have 6mm boots and 2 mm gloves (mostly for wind protection etc). The Mutant is a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for. It is extremely warm due to its "fire...
by Matty1174
Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 pm
Topic: Looking to do a lot of reading!
Replies: 3
Views: 1096

Yeah, I have been looking at Strong Kiteboarding. I may save some money until late April, early May when he starts teaching again and get my own set of gear. From what I have read Clover point is just going to be too hard to predict until then, and that way I can also get newer, safer gear as well.....
by Matty1174
Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Best kite type?
Replies: 6
Views: 2011

Best kite type?

I have been doing a lot of reading about foil vs inflatable kites... for water kiting only. As of right now I only have interest in water kiting, not snow or land. We will cross that bridge when the day comes! I am just looking for a few opinions on the two.. I have read that foil is easier to pack ...
by Matty1174
Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85650

I use this pretty much daily. Its great, THANKS!
by Matty1174
Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 am
Topic: Looking to do a lot of reading!
Replies: 3
Views: 1096

Looking to do a lot of reading!

Hey,

Just getting into Kiteboarding, looking to do as much reading on it as possible before I go for lessons in a few weeks. Does anyone have any recommended websites etc that I can go to?

I want to learn about wind, launching, etc to accelerate the learning process.

Thanks!