Search found 43 matches

by Jfish
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:42 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Lost Board Cabrinha Code with Axis foil and Mast
Replies: 4
Views: 1154

Re: Lost Board Cabrinha Code with Axis foil and Mast

There is a Gabriola Facebook Lost and Found group that is very active. I'd recommend putting your post on there as well. I felt terrible that this happened to you. Watched it all go down with nothing I could do. I texted my friend that lives on Gabe the day it happened and he has not heard/seen anyt...
by Jfish
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 pm
Topic: scha-wing
Replies: 42
Views: 19440

Any local distributors?
Where are people buying the Wing Surfers (Wing only) from?
I'm pretty in to this idea given the number of light wind days at my local spot.

Specific size recommendations for 12-20 knots?

Thanks
by Jfish
Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 53823

Dave from Windance was testing them out last summer in the gorge. He said to Chris and I, "You wait, next year this is going to be the thing everyone is talking about." Looks like his words may prove prophetic.

I was hoping to demo from him this summer.
by Jfish
Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 am
Topic: Nitinat Road Reports 2016
Replies: 14
Views: 5692

As of Tuesday, Port Alberni freshly graded. Unfortunately, didn't help much with multiple areas or compact washboard surface in the usual places (hill up to the Alberni inlet overlook). Lots of loose gravel on the road so pretty easy to slide if taking corners too quickly. Really it is in the usual ...
by Jfish
Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 am
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14903

I have to say that being a teacher allows for pretty decent progression - summers are the time for consistent thermals at Nitinaht. It is why I think I was able to get through the learning curve at a decent pace. If that is your career choice, in my opinion, it is a perfect match - at least in the b...
by Jfish
Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:54 pm
Topic: SUP advice / SUP to windSUP conversion possible?
Replies: 11
Views: 4277

I was thinking the same thing after Windoc's post. Have decided to keep the two separate.
by Jfish
Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice. Super-helpful. Will wait for finances to recover from Maui and then I will go shopping!
by Jfish
Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:29 pm

SUP advice / SUP to windSUP conversion possible?

Okay so I finally began to enjoy SUP surfing in Maui this last trip. I think it was because I finally was on the right size board for where my ability is at. 8'5" 30 inches wide, 125 L Jimmy Lewis World Wide Carbon Edition. Carbon was nice! So light! I should have bought it, but alas no mast ba...
by Jfish
Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:43 am
Topic: New windsurfer
Replies: 33
Views: 11827

I know the question was specific to the island - places and gear, but I can't help but mention... There's always Maui from February on. Nice family trip to somewhere warm in the winter. :D Or the Baja, or Bonaire and many more. Sometimes a week on the water somewhere else during the winter is a grea...
by Jfish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:08 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015
Replies: 281
Views: 80212

Change it back please oh gods of the inter-verse
by Jfish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Is anyone else bothered by the "wavekiting" title.
It is irksome. :evil: :evil: :evil:
(I'm not against the idea of "wavekiting" I just am not down with being co-opted quite yet.)
by Jfish
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Sounds like quite the Canadian occupation for Canada Day down south.
Windsurfish and I are also leaving the 26th. Maybe I can give Jamie Hancock some more pointers on how to sail the coast :oops: :oops: :oops: god I hate the fireball...
by Jfish
Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Wavesailing Camp 2014
Replies: 125
Views: 27521

Rika and I will leaving for the gorge Thurs afternoon.
See you all down there!
by Jfish
Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:14 am
Topic: Freestyle Lessons
Replies: 21
Views: 6166

Chris and I have one of those - made it ourselves. A little scary though - only used it on pavement, sand would be better. Thanks for all of the replies. I am thinking it comes down to having a few other people out there to help push each other. Maybe when some nice weather comes we can a have a lit...
by Jfish
Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:59 am
Topic: Freestyle Lessons
Replies: 21
Views: 6166

Freestyle Lessons

I have decided if all I want to do is wavesail, I am slowly going to get disillusioned with some of the local sailing. I don't want to get disillusioned so instead I want to broaden my horizons and learn some freestyle. I really want to learn to do vulcans. I also need to learn to do reliable fast t...