Search found 19 matches

by bbthelooper
Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:10 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: GPS Tracks
Replies: 28
Views: 11316

Re: GPS Tracks

I just updated software, but still having the same problem.
by bbthelooper
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:13 pm

I need to use the web version of garmin connect. It will not work on my phone and I don't have my laptop with me.
I can't select a category from the drop down menu
by bbthelooper
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 am

I'm trying to post my first GPS track using an android tablet. The required field activity will not allow me to select anything from the drop down menu. I therefore cannot submit my entry. Help.
by bbthelooper
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:18 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Salt Spring Island - Foil-kiting Possible?
Replies: 12
Views: 6230

Saltspring is not a kiting destination. On the upside there are 3 ferries that can get you to Windy locations.
by bbthelooper
Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:37 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Laventana tips
Replies: 9
Views: 4720

My advice would be to go to Costco and buy the majority of the stuff that you need, then there is no need to go into La Paz and you can turn right in San Antonio going to Los Planes, when you hit the T turn left and then right to LV. Going that way it takes 2.5 hrs to get to LV from the airport. I t...
by bbthelooper
Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:48 am
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: New Baja Driving Route
Replies: 6
Views: 6409

After hearing 2 positive reviews I might try going out that way this year. How long was the boarder wait and was there good signage to the boarder crossing?
by bbthelooper
Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am
Topic: Driving to LaVentana
Replies: 35
Views: 10412

i got my insurance with Lewis and Lewis. $250 for a 6 month policy on $15,000 value.
by bbthelooper
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:15 am
Topic: Driving to LaVentana
Replies: 35
Views: 10412

I have used Lewis and Lewis for the last 15 years. I have not compared their prices in a while,but last year I paid $280 for $15,000 in coverage. Please let us know what you find out.
by bbthelooper
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:21 am
Topic: windfest 2011
Replies: 11
Views: 3250

PA is a good idea. It is more geared to windsurfers, and would benefit from a windsurfing event.
by bbthelooper
Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am
Topic: Baja caravan
Replies: 0
Views: 646

Baja caravan

Leaving for Baja on the 10:30 coho ferry Sun. Stopping off in the gorge and LA. Should be crossing the boarder Thursday morning and arriving LaVantana late Friday or early Saturday. Anyone out there looking to caravan?
by bbthelooper
Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:13 am
Topic: Salt Spring Island Wind?
Replies: 2
Views: 1087

There is a possibility that we could get some wind from a SE, or you can always take the crofton ferry and drive to CB and that is only an hours drive and a 20 min ferry. I would bring your gear you never know.
by bbthelooper
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:38 pm
Topic: Garbage at the Nitinaht
Replies: 41
Views: 9370

This is only one of many problems with the campsite. When the Windsurfing society managed the campsite we were held to a higher standard. The tables and outhouses had to be pressure washed by a certain day each year, then they all had to have a fresh coat of paint on them by another date, and so on....
by bbthelooper
Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:31 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite Repair Best 9.5
Replies: 3
Views: 967

Click on Leitch and McBride on the home page. My 9m did the same thing last year and I'm very happy with the repair.
by bbthelooper
Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 pm
Topic: Back to windsurfing
Replies: 24
Views: 8462

Hi Kevin, The only reason people are selling their old windsurfing gear is because they are now kiters. Why not skip the aggravation of trying to learn how to jibe for the next 2-5 years and learn how to kite in a week or two.
PS I still have some windsurf gear available just PM me :D
by bbthelooper
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 am
Topic: Nitinat road report
Replies: 16
Views: 3968

The logging road on the youbou side to the shortcut at the end of the lake is 20 km and the road from honeymoon bay is 24 km , but the honeymoon bay side is still much smoother and worth the 4 extra km of dirt road.