Search found 112 matches

by duckbill
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:57 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinat day parking
Replies: 3
Views: 1444

Re: Nitinat day parking

should clarify, the leeches in question I now believe were slugs that I thought were leeches . They crawled into the arm of my wetsuit and I didn't notice them so after sailing for 2 hours with them trapped , they flattened out and looked like big leeches. Worse than leeches because they have hundre...
by duckbill
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:10 am

Re: Nitinat day parking

Yah, so , parking is far away but they let you drop off your gear at the beach, then drive back up to the entrance to park, but only after paying 20$ for parking. I opted to rent a campsite for 35$ so I was next to the beach. Between that and the leaches, not going back.( See my sailing log for the ...
by duckbill
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:24 am

Nitinat day parking

I am at youbou, for the next 4 days, family event, wondering about day parking at nitinat? I searched the site but didn't find any info, so apologies if this topic was already covered.
by duckbill
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tuning/ Rigging Advice for a 5.0 Hot Sails Superfreak
Replies: 14
Views: 5128

Re: Tuning/ Rigging Advice for a 5.0 Hot Sails Superfreak

It sounds like you are on the right track. The key with any sail is nailing the downhaul then its easy to adjust the outhaul for differing conditions or comfort.
by duckbill
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:45 am
Topic: thank goodness it was only gear that was destroyed
Replies: 18
Views: 9189

i have been in the water and envisioned what it would be like if a boat didnt see me in the water, and if i could dive fast enough and deep enough to survive, David proved it can be done. Thanks Dave , i still don't want to test it though. I am truly thankful you came out unscathed. I always look fo...
by duckbill
Fri May 20, 2016 8:26 am
Topic: Should I buy???!
Replies: 17
Views: 7497

That was an awesome deal in 1988. Not the gear for today though, at any price , just too old. Its like computers the 20 year old ones... you just wouldn't consider it. Go for as current as you can afford.
by duckbill
Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 am
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14904

Time to flame. Remember that 1st time hooked in, feet in the straps, planing? Eqsquimalt lagoon 1984 on a mistrial diamond head. For me it was like heroin , completely addicted. I changed careers just so i could create more time on the water. Be forwarned, once hooked you might begin to rearrange yo...
by duckbill
Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:31 am
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13503

This is a great topic i went through my gear and found my weakest link to safety was my wetsuit, so yesterday i bought a toasty wintersuit that even has a marino wool lining. Can't wait to get out in todays high(and chilly) winds. Also be aware of who is on the beach and what they are rigging. If th...
by duckbill
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:01 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Google Chrome no longer supports NPAPI (Java)
Replies: 9
Views: 7527

Yup i got netescape
by duckbill
Sat May 17, 2014 7:41 am
Topic: South side in to Nat
Replies: 4
Views: 2200

nat

Is the cow bay way to the nat easier on the van? Its pretty close time wise either way for me
by duckbill
Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 am
Topic: Board/Sail Combination
Replies: 11
Views: 3167

small boards

I have a 77 litre that only comes out in 25+ knot winds. for me that is 5.0 and below but mostly 4.0 and 4.5. are you trying to sail it in enough wind? obviously your weight is a factor. I'm 185lbs. just a thought.
by duckbill
Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:52 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: wind density
Replies: 22
Views: 8080

I hope it gets windy soon I'm actually reading this stuff.
by duckbill
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:45 am
Topic: Maui accomm?
Replies: 7
Views: 2426

loved my stay ay luana kai, can even sail off the beach in front. just make sure you find out which 2 coconut trees to launch between to avoid the fin hungry reef.
by duckbill
Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: cb live chat
Replies: 6
Views: 5637

Jim Huson's not busy right now.