Search found 26 matches

by jhans
Sun May 30, 2021 9:00 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13501

Can't seem to log on either. Reset my password but still no luck.
by jhans
Sun May 31, 2020 9:48 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: What about Powell River area????
Replies: 5
Views: 3150

PR

There’s around 10 of us that kite/windsurf when the weather is on. Lots playing around on the foil side of things with lighter summer winds. As mentioned Donkersley & grief point but also beach gardens, brew bay, Willingdon and Gibson’s beach. All kinda directionally dependant but pretty obvious...
by jhans
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Prince George
Replies: 2
Views: 1963

Thanks downwind dave
by jhans
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 pm
Topic: Prince George
Views: 1963

Prince George

Hey guys. Doing some research and trying to see if anyone has done any kiteboarding in around Prince George (within an hour or two). I've kited Kitimat and one other lake a little east but hoping to find someone that has logged some time up in that area. Not looking at snow kiting but im sure the wi...
by jhans
Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:15 am
Topic: beginer kiter in Courtenay
Replies: 4
Views: 2065

goose spit

check out the facebook group. Comox Valley Kiteboard Crew. Lots of friendly people there but as mentioned above, plenty of challenges learning at goose spit. Shallow water can be a challenge there sometimes but more-so, "off-shore" winds and plenty of unique obstacles downwind. Stopping in...
by jhans
Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 am
Topic: KITE REPAIR IN VICTORIA - WHERE TO GET REPAIRS?
Replies: 12
Views: 3221

i'd toss my name in the hat for greg at CKR. Really professional workmanship and super reasonable guy.
by jhans
Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:04 pm
Topic: Maui east?
Replies: 6
Views: 1609

Mana foods in Paia was one of my favorite stops for fresh fruit and veg, good food and an amazing wall of chocolate bars. There is a restaurant close called the Paia Fish House and it is super tasty and well priced local food. I've heard Hana can be a little sketchy at times so just be sure to lock ...
by jhans
Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:09 pm
Topic: Lessons at Goose Spit?
Replies: 15
Views: 3769

7m will be pretty tough to get out for an upwind session in the summer there. More of a 12-14m kite in the summer with a larger board. I am a big supporter of getting the kite out any chance you can safely. Trainer or 7m. Even if you end up downwind, you are developing kite skills that will help you...
by jhans
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 am
Topic: Lessons at Goose Spit?
Replies: 15
Views: 3769

There are people in the valley that teach but not much full time or strictly organized. Kye Bay can get some light winds in the summer and its possible to have some safe kiting adventures. North and South of the comox valley there are beaches that get a bit of wind but nothing as steady or consisten...
by jhans
Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:50 pm
Topic: 13m 2013 North EVO
Replies: 14
Views: 3114

bromantic as it was just me out there. manageable risks.
by jhans
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:56 am
Topic: 13m 2013 North EVO
Replies: 14
Views: 3114

I had an amazing session on the south shore a couple years ago in December. Lighter on-shore winds, skim board and a 12m. Kited through dusk and into the night, lit by the city lights.
by jhans
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 pm
Topic: board bag travel
Replies: 10
Views: 2752

i've got the Naish "Golf" Bag. It says Naish Golf on the outside. Its a beauty on wheels. Carries ample gear and i've found that to be the only problem. It doesn't take long to make a bag like that over weight. Usually wear a couple extra layers on the flight and carry a good carry on and ...
by jhans
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:02 pm
Topic: Kite speed event
Replies: 13
Views: 2957

there must be a police officer that kites that could hook that up. I was wondering about the length as well. Does anyone know what the standard length is for the speed competitions?
by jhans
Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 pm
Topic: Tomorrow looks pretty killer for cook st.....
Replies: 5
Views: 1766

Whats the water temperature like this time of year? 5/4 suit weather?
by jhans
Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 pm
Topic: trying to get in touch with Todd Sweeny
Views: 1168

Thanks