Search found 196 matches

by rvanderbyl
Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Looking for a Vacation Spot
Replies: 42
Views: 11304

Thought so. But aren't the surf spots on the west coast of Baja close enough?
by rvanderbyl
Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:13 pm
Topic: Looking for a Vacation Spot
Replies: 42
Views: 11304

I thought La Ventana was a great place to learn kiting. Certainly safe with lots of beach to wash up on downwind. Not much for waves except on the windier days but not perfectly flat either but great when the wind is coming up each day. Get her out first then as it builds it's your turn. easy to get...
by rvanderbyl
Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:48 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Ideal Windsurf / Kiting Vehicle?
Replies: 456
Views: 123356

by rvanderbyl
Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:47 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Laventana March 2016
Replies: 12
Views: 5182

Not if you kite!
by rvanderbyl
Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:12 am
Topic: LaVentana Questions
Replies: 22
Views: 7193

I'd have to add that the cheaper your fuel cost is obviously it doesn't hurt so much to stay for a shorter period. I've always loved the adventure of driving down and exploring other spots but with a big gas guzzling V8 we absolutely have to stay for at least a month to make it feel like it's worth ...
by rvanderbyl
Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:06 am
Topic: Newb looking for advice
Replies: 8
Views: 3708

Nanmoo...with a BWD username like slowlearner I think windsurfing is a good fit! :lol: Welcome and good luck with your journey slowlearner!
by rvanderbyl
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Topic: Today ?
Replies: 7
Views: 2174

Likely won't be flat for long...
by rvanderbyl
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:18 pm
Topic: New windsurfer
Replies: 33
Views: 12162

The only place I can think of is Parksville bay. Kevin Forsyth rents windsurf gear there and also gives lessons I believe. Here is what I found on him. Give him a call if you are in the area. Also I'm sure plenty of others can offer help and tips to get your skills up faster! Good Luck, Ray http://w...
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:07 pm
Topic: Lightwind FSW volume?
Replies: 28
Views: 10582

Eastside had that exact board I believe. Was under the impression he liked it...or was that just because he kept it longer than some of his more recent purchases? :lol: Was tempted by it myself but still had my old 104 S-Type. Then bought eastside's 2010 98 ltr F2 Rodeo. At 70 kgs I can up haul that...
by rvanderbyl
Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:48 pm
Topic: Windsurfing Wave SUP's -
Replies: 34
Views: 11539

No... It's mine now.Wasn't sure I'd get the right kind of use out of the board and was thinking about selling. On the fence about that at the moment.
by rvanderbyl
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:17 am
Topic: windsurfing - self recue techniques
Replies: 13
Views: 5367

I agree with Kus on this. Never going to buy a used aluminum boom again unless it's only 2 years old or less, the person who sailed it weighs less than me and only sailed in fresh, flat water. :lol: Only got one season out of it before breaking it on a 30 knot day at the lake. :shock: :roll:
by rvanderbyl
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:06 pm
Topic: taking a baby to nitinat?
Replies: 10
Views: 3475

My son Luke grew up at Nitnat from 3 weeks old on every summer. Don't be like some parents i've met (not many actually) that think a child needs to be a certain age to take camping. Get on with it so the kid just thinks it's normal to go camping all the time! Saw lots of babies at the lake this week...
by rvanderbyl
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:02 pm
Topic: Propane firepits ALLOWED at Nitnat
Replies: 15
Views: 5150

Just Got back from Nitnat and man it rained hard last night and this morning. Ground was pretty saturated for how dry it's been. Kind of hope it rains a bit more there...and here. Sorry for the windfest peeps though! :cry:
by rvanderbyl
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Bi-Windsport Wave Camp 2015
Replies: 281
Views: 82188

In other words… No Waves and no wind?
by rvanderbyl
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:12 pm
Topic: 2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics
Replies: 82
Views: 24762

Strongly agree with Gwind and KC7s on this. I don't need anything supplied for me if the rate reflects that. I have always camped at Nitnat that way and will continue to do so. Just clean the outhouses, tp is optional that way if you are charging less per night anyway people will expect to bring the...