Search found 66 matches

by jellyfish
Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:38 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!
Replies: 69
Views: 21490

AA (ANTICIPATION AGONY) characterized by restlessness, difficulty making clear decisions, wasting excessive amounts of time checking electronic devices. Sitting at the beach until dusk before you are able to make a decision to return home OR staying home and not being able to focus due to excessive...
by jellyfish
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Annual New Year's Day Sail/Kite Together Celebration
Replies: 27
Views: 10329

I'll be packing the ChiliWagon Friday morning with hot apple cider, chocolate cake and chili ...... not sure where I am going yet .... depends on the wind haha. See some of you out there :lol:
by jellyfish
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Looks like the Polar Bear Swim at IV was just a nasty rumor afterall .... now WHO started that?? :P
by jellyfish
Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 pm

The model is currently teasing me with a SE for CB on Friday. IV, rumor has it, is the site of the polar bear swim this year. That would mean ...no parking and loads of people with hypothermia :shock: Have to wait and see what the wind does but I will be ready with chili, hot apple cider, and someth...
by jellyfish
Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:33 pm
Topic: Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!
Replies: 69
Views: 21490

Waffalitis: an affliction commonly observed amongst wind addicts leading to the inability to commit to family functions in advance. Symptoms include evasive replies, lack of direct eye contact and in extreme cases, periods of temporary hearing impairment. In the acute phase, family dysfunction may o...
by jellyfish
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Annual New Year's Day Sail/Kite Together Celebration

This is our fourth or fifth year of doing this and I thought I'd put out a request to see who is interested in participating :D The location is flexible and we usually go to where the best possible sailing potential will be. This has either been Willow's Beach or Island View Beach. We've had a few 3...
by jellyfish
Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm
Topic: Sunday Dec. 6
Replies: 4
Views: 1595

That sounds like a good idea JL. Will head to IV or Agate with the MH and warm coffee and then maybe meet you guys there! Give me a call on the cell if you are going. :wink: :wink:
by jellyfish
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86037

As impossible as it is ... it sure would be interesting to see how Dave's models derived from the U of W data .... have diverted dangerous situations for the people that make their living from ocean related activities. AND it would be very nice if all those that use these models showed their appreci...
by jellyfish
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:09 am
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 86037

I use the model to plan my watersport activities. I also use EC but find them not as reliable. This would be a great time for all the yacht sailors and fishermen who routinely use this site to validate the usage and hopefully keep this valuable resource available to our multi-use group. Thanks again...
by jellyfish
Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:47 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Columbia Beach Upgrades
Replies: 17
Views: 14214

Thanks Dave, Mattdog and Betty!
Internet access while we rig, dine or wait will be great. Can' t wait for those SE'ers to arrive ........ bring on the waves and wind 8)
by jellyfish
Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:51 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: One Less Dog on the Beach :(
Replies: 13
Views: 3937

Chris and Janet ..... I am so sorry to hear about Mugs. Our dog buddies have an important place in our lives and deserve the recognition of their boundless enthusiasm and uncomplicated love.I know he leaves an empty space in your heart and home. I will remember Mugs as a happy participant in our Nit...
by jellyfish
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Website loading problems
Views: 6282

Unable to load homepage

I've been experiencing the same problem recently. Unable to load the homepage unless I open a webcam. Fine this morning and now but unable to access the site around 4pm today. I have had the same problem a number of times in the past. Switched to Shaw this month after years of Telus torment. Thanks ...
by jellyfish
Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:17 am
Topic: Summer BWD Fundraiser
Replies: 62
Views: 11123

I'll contribute 50$ ..... those Gath helmets seem to have better enhancing properties than my Protec. Is there any warranty on that :lol:
Dave I will give you money at Gordon's next time I see you.
by jellyfish
Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:57 pm
Topic: DATE CHANGED TO SUNDAY!! 50th Birthday Celebration!!
Views: 4408

Happy Birthday Grant and JL! Was planning on being there to help celebrate but can't make it Sunday. Seems that a disporportionally large group of BWD wind-addicts were born this coming week ...... wonder what the significance of that is :?: Attraction to cold water to cool off the Aries fire sign? ...
by jellyfish
Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Topic: Baja aerial photos of LaVentana kitesailing
Replies: 3
Views: 1084

Good idea Tom.... thanks for posting. We had some great evenings enjoying Charlie's outdoor theatre which featured National Geographic quality shots of most of the Baja from the air. He has been investigating different launch sites and patiently waiting out the weather for days in order to document ...