Search found 83 matches

by saulman
Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:37 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurfing Shops in Nanaimo?
Replies: 10
Views: 3320

Valhala Pure should have some for rockclimbing as long as your looking for downhaul diameter type stuff.

Or you could also try Alberni Outfitters.
by saulman
Sun May 31, 2009 9:36 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Summer BWD Fundraiser
Replies: 62
Views: 11097

Still in. 50$ mailed to BWD last Wednesday.
by saulman
Tue May 26, 2009 10:22 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: K9 footstrap washers
Replies: 6
Views: 1300

shoulda been in the windsurfing fourm.

Doh!!!! Sorry kiteboarding dudes.
-didn't mean to crash your forum.

Is there any way to move this discussion or am I forever doomed to this faux pas.
by saulman
Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm looking for four of em.

As far a getting em, I'm in Nanaimo right at Pipers Lagoon. So if anyone was going to be sailing there, it would be easy to do a hand-off. In fact I think I'm going to duck out now and try for some TOW. Twisty straps be damned!
by saulman
Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 am

K9 footstrap washers

Where is the best place to get replacement K9 ANTI-TWIST washers for starboard foot straps
by saulman
Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Summer BWD Fundraiser
Replies: 62
Views: 11097

Pick me. pick me. pick me.

Okay. 50$ for me too. A good helmet might come in handy when the better half takes out her frustration with my sport.

S.
by saulman
Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:47 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Tides for more dates
Replies: 3
Views: 3754

Ahhhh -so that's why you have the back button. I was expecting it to go back by a day on the chart. (Which would be a handy feature for looking for patterns).

Saul
by saulman
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Tides for more dates
Replies: 3
Views: 3754

Tides for more dates

Dave, you have built such great website it is a little awkward to suggest improvements but I'm wondering if you could put a forward and back button into the tides screen to look at the upcoming tides. Also, the forward and back buttons when viewing the latest reports graph for a particular location ...
by saulman
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:36 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Blackberry and BWD
Views: 4905

Works great! Thanks Dave!
by saulman
Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:58 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Blackberry and BWD
Views: 4905

Opera Mini

BWD I'm using operamini on my BB Pearl with pretty good success except when I call up the forecasts page. The Last (whatever day) and Today links do not work. The forecast starts on Today and I can select the following day but I cannot get back to Today or select the last day in the forecast. Is any...
by saulman
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:10 pm
Topic: What to do with old sails?
Replies: 5
Views: 1631

What to do with old sails?

Has anyone come up with any ideas for keeping their old pin top sails out of the landfill? -leaving them in the corner of the basement is no longer an option. I've got a 4.2 wave sail a 6.0 all round sail and a 7.5 race sail thats mostly mylar. Is anyone able to use these as they are? Other ideas? S.
by saulman
Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:32 pm
Topic: Board repair in Nanaimo area
Replies: 21
Views: 3222

The final result

Just to follow up, here's a pic of the competed repair by Island Longboards and their repair guy. Positives +great colour match +good paint surface +little loss of decal graphics +visually the repair is much less noticeable than this picture shows +pretty decent turn around (about 1.5 weeks) +good p...
by saulman
Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:09 pm
Topic: Where in the world would you live/kite January to March??
Replies: 9
Views: 2464

Check out New Plymouth in New Zealand. It's been a long time since I was there but there was good wind and windsurfing there.
by saulman
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 pm
Topic: Sail Question
Replies: 23
Views: 4229

The Cribbs guy had some pretty good advice and rules of thumb on rigging sails. I think he said that he has never seen too much downhaul and the top two battens should be in line with the mast- not on one side or the other. His take was that outhaul was the more important adjustment for tuning a sai...
by saulman
Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 am
Topic: Board repair in Nanaimo area
Replies: 21
Views: 3222

ES: here are a couple of sites that had good resources. The best one by far was the board lady. Maybe BWD could add these to the links section? Best Repair Site on the Web www.boardlady.com Repair Guide from Team AirBorn http://www.teamairborn.co.uk/56301/index.html From Starboard http://www.star-bo...