Search found 73 matches

by CTK
Wed May 09, 2018 2:29 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kelowna this weekend
Replies: 3
Views: 2278

Rotary beach. Use to kite there in kelowna.
Or skaha right beside the canal in penticton.. just dont kite on the airport side of canal but people will tell you that at the beach.
Bigger kites common 12m-14m
by CTK
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 am
Topic: Minor incident at Nitinat Aug 26th – feedback?
Replies: 31
Views: 12924

I think its critical for the kite schools to teach right-of-way rules (and I expect any liability lawyer would say the same) AND for more experienced people to know them and follow them. I'm a little concerned about the 'always just head downwind' advice if its meant for both port and stbd tack, be...
by CTK
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:09 pm
Topic: Minor incident at Nitinat Aug 26th – feedback?
Replies: 31
Views: 12924

The problem is that there are often experienced kiters hotdogging up and down the zone 100 m from shore, back and forth and creating "more kites in the air" in that critical zone. I know it is cool to come in and do the death loop vader roll upside down in the leopard thong right in front...
by CTK
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:32 pm
Topic: China Creek onsite reports and info
Replies: 49
Views: 19404

MartyD wrote:12 hour blow at Nitinat yesterday 8) Caps by 9 am and kites on the water after sundown :twisted: Peaked at about 25 kn :D
Thanks for the OSRs Marty.. think we need a Nitnat OSR thread.. you guys going to be doing lessons over Windfest? Had a friend wanting a possible downwind pick up
by CTK
Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Landing Kites at Cook St.
Replies: 14
Views: 7188

Was this me? Wouldnt be suprised if it was. In gusty conditions i come in low and hot to make certain the kite doesnt backstall or flail as it means my kite and lines having a meeting with the cliff, random people, or logs, which are all potentially horrid scenerios. Nothing to do with getting my ki...
by CTK
Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 pm
Topic: Suggestions for a safe place to use a starter kite?
Replies: 12
Views: 5403

Island view is the best spot. Or clover point if you skills are average.
by CTK
Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:52 am
Topic: FOUND DAKINE HARNESS AT COOK ST A LONG TIME AGO
Replies: 0
Views: 808

FOUND DAKINE HARNESS AT COOK ST A LONG TIME AGO

I found a Dakine harness at cook st a long time ago. posted twice about it over the last few months but no response. If you have lost your harness please msg me.
Thanks,
Wade
by CTK
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:11 pm
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19525

Don't know if this was related but someone had there 2 kids learning to windsurf the whole weekend out of the kite launch area and in the smooth section we typically jump. If someone knows these peoples parents maybe politely explain that this is a kite launch and land area.. not the best place to be.
by CTK
Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:32 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Beginner...Needing LESSONS!!!
Replies: 15
Views: 6379

Let us know when you do this Windude. We'd like to go kite around you. Other than I'm smart and considerate enough not to run a windsurfing lesson where people are actively kiting and have been kiting for 25+ years. Knowing that it would put my student at risk, annoy other water users, and as the i...
by CTK
Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Let us know when you do this Windude. We'd like to go kite around you. Other than I'm smart and considerate enough not to run a windsurfing lesson where people are actively kiting and have been kiting for 25+ years. Knowing that it would put my student at risk, annoy other water users, and as the i...
by CTK
Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:27 pm

thankgodiatepastafobreaky wrote:Let us know when you do this Windude. We'd like to go kite around you.
LOL! just awsome
by CTK
Sun May 22, 2016 10:32 pm
Topic: Waves & right of way
Replies: 12
Views: 4036

right of way

Thought that SUP surfers and Kite surfers were easy going when someone makes a mistake on right of way.
by CTK
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:07 pm
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13503

hopefully sat. brings some more wind. Think I will get out in my first storm session in a LLLOOONNNGGG time.
by CTK
Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:33 pm
Topic: Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?
Replies: 3
Views: 1483

SE at 15 knots switching to west isn't that hopefully. Forecast usually needs to be a solid 20 for willows to come in.. even at that the wind there is fickle. Just watch for the storm sewer pillars at a lower tide, and powerlines/trees at hightide. All in all i love the place and have had some epic ...
by CTK
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:54 pm
Topic: Squamish Danger/Safety, Important Please
Replies: 4
Views: 1304

I've been to many music festivals and have got random kisses and many hugs throughout the years. I think this is to be expected. Generally always a positive vibe. :D