Search found 48 matches

by heffe222
Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Best Spring Thermal Wind
Replies: 0
Views: 1152

Best Spring Thermal Wind

Looks like Port Alberni is going to light up this weekend (May 4-5), so maybe Nitinaht will, also? What say you, Randy...haven't seen your latest weather predictions - missing you! 8)
by heffe222
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84231

Good Stuff

Wow, really nice plaque to Andrei - thanks for putting this tribute and place of memory on the bluffs over that piece of water that he loved so much. Best wishes on your ride in June, Mike - I'm for everything that helps in this way. I'm looking after my Dad who had the same type of cancer that Andr...
by heffe222
Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Blue Heron Park - Yellowpoint
Replies: 2
Views: 3357

Blue Heron Park - Yellowpoint

Does anyone have experience sailing or kiting off Blue Heron Park, near Yellowpoint? How is it for launching in a strong southeaster? Or what is the typical onshore wind direction in the winter?

Looks good on paper, with a big fetch across from Valdes Island.
by heffe222
Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:45 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Global warming ?
Replies: 3
Views: 2099

Global Warming?

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change approves of higher atmospheric CO2 levels insofar as it will tend to forestall another glaciation of Vancouver Island: http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/ ... tcause.pdf
:?:
by heffe222
Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:40 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Nitinaht - What Services?
Replies: 6
Views: 2974

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and the one on the main site. My apologies to the energy of my hot-headed comment earlier: I do appreciate that everyone is struggling to get by on this planet... I am going to keep paying for camping at Nitinaht, and really the main reason I brought...
by heffe222
Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm
Topic: Money for nothing, at Nitinaht
Replies: 49
Views: 13417

Never said I didn't like Darcy - she is okay by me, and if someone is going to collect money, she does a good job and is very polite. The point is, who is supposed to be maintaining the campsite for that money? My post, for the record: Agreed that Nitinaht is a great place to do windsports, and fami...
by heffe222
Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 pm

More for someone, then, and how about services??
by heffe222
Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 am

Money for nothing, at Nitinaht

Thinking about the lack of value for the camping fees at Nitinaht... check out Nitinaht - What Services? at Off Topic Forum
Geoff Hall (heffe222)
by heffe222
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Nitinaht - What Services?
Replies: 6
Views: 2974

Nitinaht - What Services?

Agreed that Nitinaht is a great place to do windsports, and families and supporters can hang out in a fairly natural environment. The campsite is Rec Site # REC0272 and is apparently 'Maintained to Standard' under the auspicies of the BC Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Arts / Recreation Sites a...
by heffe222
Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 pm
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84231

Purple Haze!

So glad to hear that your days are pretty good, Dood. May everything that nourishes you come to you in abundance...
And a van conversion project to work on, too! Best wishes for your creativity there, and fixing it up the way you want it. Waiting for the 'after' picture when you are done! 8)
by heffe222
Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm
Topic: LaVentana
Replies: 19
Views: 4166

La Ventana trip

Great info and I will keep it handy for my trip down to LV. Planning on driving with SUV and travel trailer from Victoria, middle of January, for Kurt-n-Marina's campsite. Necessary to make reservations there for RV's? Also, looking for any others who want to convoy up at Tecate for the Baja drive, ...
by heffe222
Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23629

Nitinaht Foot

Not a good idea to take a dip in Nitinaht Lake, barefoot, at night! Even after a great sauna. Otherwise had an excellent couple days over the Long Weekend, and was great to see many of the Nitinaht regulars there, too. Could be something left in the thermal realm this September?
by heffe222
Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23629

Nitinaht update!

Just arrived at Nitinaht Lake, and thought I should pass on some news. First, the office / store / gas station is closed, and will remain so for the forseeable future. Apparently it has been a money losing venture and Judy has packed it in, and no one else has stepped up to run it. Second, the camps...
by heffe222
Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 am
Topic: My Hands Hurt...
Replies: 13
Views: 2773

cold hands

Cold hand onset can be postponed or minimized by keeping the body core temperature high. If your body can generate enough heat during sailing and your can keep it from being stripped off by the wind and water, then the hands will get the warm blood supply they need. A suit that is too tight on the a...
by heffe222
Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm
Topic: Bruised/Crack Ribs Healing Time????
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Healing time depends on the nature of the injury, and the location on the rib, and any other tissues involved. A direct impact to the side of the rib, without a break, will raise swelling on all the tissues around the rib, with pain, but the rib itself will recover quickly. The tissues take a while ...