Search found 131 matches

by Joostio
Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Olympic Torch Experience
Replies: 9
Views: 2743

just peeing on firehydrants for now, I get it.
by Joostio
Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 am
Topic: Olympic Torch Experience
Views: 2743

I got to see the torch circus yesterday on my way to CB. yep, lots of dollars spent on the show. the torch was extinguished where I was, however there was a flame in some sort of lantern looking thing, I suspect that is where they keep the flame alive.

Mike: you move to the island already?
by Joostio
Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Who is heading for Baja this 2009/10 winter?
Replies: 4
Views: 1505

lucky bum Tom, how long you going down for?
by Joostio
Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:07 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85472

I use it daily too, as said eariler, plan the week, know which days to beg the boss to have off. It is also used by kyakers and is a valued source for info and safety. I have been out of windsurfing for almost ten years and the biggest improvement to sailing in ten years is not the gear, it is the i...
by Joostio
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:31 pm
Topic: School in Baja to take school supplies
Views: 2183

sorry, no conacts, my parents winter in Todos santos, 1 hr west of cabo, thats as close as I get for contacts. I just think that La Paz is not that bad off compared to other areas in the BAJA. I am by no means an expert on the area. Good luck with your endevour, I'm sure who ever you help will be th...
by Joostio
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 am
Topic: School in Baja to take school supplies
Views: 2183

I know some of the towns a bit farther north were hit pretty hard with hurricanes last year, they may be in more need. Mulege?
by Joostio
Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Maui gear rentals Kanaha Kai ROCKS!
Replies: 11
Views: 3251

Maui gear rentals Kanaha Kai ROCKS!

I just wrapped up my Maui vacation and I wanted to say how wonderful Kanaha Kai was for my gear rentals. The shop is owned and run by Bart and Dagmar, they have terriffic equipment (Starboard borads and Hot Sails sail) and were very flexable with equipment trade offs. I was able to use a SUP in the ...
by Joostio
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Go Pro HD!!!!
Replies: 53
Views: 16142

needs better field of vision angles, somewhere around 90 to 120 degrees, 170 is too much and 54 is not enough. still waiting for the perfect cam.
by Joostio
Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:29 pm
Topic: alternative activities to "condition dependant" sp
Views: 5028

thats pretty cool, I had no idea that existed. have you done it?
by Joostio
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:01 am

this is at Comox lake below Forbidden Plateau. Maps of the area can be purchased at local bike shops here in the valley. No secret spot, hikers, bikers, horses and lateyl 4x4's too. they have been hard on the trail and are not welcome. The trials ridders and mountain bikers get along well here. this...
by Joostio
Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

alternative activities to "condition dependant" sp

I know we are all wind junkies here. Sailing was my sole purpose for many years but I have evovlved. For many of us sailing is the be all end all and if conditions are good life is great. But what do people do when the conditions are not good. I also ski and there is the same problem, no powder, muc...
by Joostio
Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:52 pm
Topic: New to Campbell River
Replies: 8
Views: 2612

I live a few km's upwind from Goose spit and try to post if it looks windy from my vantage point. I don't fly a kite but wind is wind. I am new to sailing the area too, it just takes a while to figure it out, good luck.
by Joostio
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:19 pm
Topic: time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?
Replies: 54
Views: 12586

loop

I'm off too Maui on the 22nd (hope I have more wind than you did) for 2 weeks. I will probably try one there if not sooner. Maybe tommorow at CB if it happens. My last trip to Maui the sailing ended on the 3rd day with a broken rib or close to it. I crashed big time on Kehei side showing off to a to...
by Joostio
Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:49 pm
Topic: time to put my purse down and try a forward loop, advice?
Replies: 54
Views: 12586

not yet. only had 6.2 days on my 103 l. rather wait for 5.0 and the light board. i am packing a helmet just incase though.
by Joostio
Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:49 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: surfing spots
Replies: 16
Views: 7433

I can see it from my house, looks like good rollers on the outside. just wondering if they break on the sand bar? Too far to look with binoculars, need telescope.