Search found 157 matches

by redbaron
Fri May 29, 2020 9:57 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: What about Powell River area????
Replies: 5
Views: 3166

What about Powell River area????

I'm Headed to Powell River for essential work for a couple week.

Just wondering if theres any wind spots to check out? Or even just a good spot to go SUPing?
by redbaron
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:13 pm
Topic: Ukee to Nitinat by boat?
Replies: 20
Views: 9861

Never heard of anyone doing that from Ukee. I don't see the point, but maybe to anchor surf outer beaches near Nitinat, but to come from Ukee?? There is plenty of closer surf spots. It is possible at the right tide and you can easily tie a boat up near the campsite. There is also a boat launch at Ni...
by redbaron
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147443

I witnessed a near miss today. A kiteboarder riding a twin-tip in the surf near Tofino boosted an air right over top of a surfer in the water. I sailed over to the surfer to see if he was fine. We was, but a little spooked. Boosting air over top of people in the surf is a big No-No. I would hate to ...
by redbaron
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 pm
Topic: Closures (Covid-19)
Replies: 42
Views: 25679

by redbaron
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:30 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Online windsurf shop
Replies: 8
Views: 5753

If you know exactly what you are looking for, Local dealers like KUS are able to help you with GOYA and Chinook stuff and I can bring in Duotone and ION .
by redbaron
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Inflation?
Replies: 8
Views: 5461

Inflation is inevitable. Sometimes by 100% ….inflatable...
https://youtu.be/ldXYA4CPtzg
by redbaron
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Topic: Best place to stay in Tofino
Replies: 11
Views: 7924

Meares Vista is garbage. This time of year rates should be good except at Xmas and new years. Since the days are short and cold, I would recomend somewhere with access to a hot tub. Staying somewhere at Mackenzie beach is always good. You are allowed beach fires there. Tofino paddle surf for SUP and...
by redbaron
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm
Topic: Want to Borrow: Beginner Board (150+L) or SUP this weekend
Replies: 3
Views: 3236

I do have a big SUP That takes a sail, but don't plan on heading to Nitinat this weekend unfortunately.
If you are ever out Tofino/Ucluelet Way, your welcome to use It. Kennedy lake gets a steady 8-12knot thermal all the time and is perfect for level 1 windsurfing.
by redbaron
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Pan-Windsport Meth Free Wave Camp 2019
Replies: 62
Views: 31306

Coastal bound!! Florence tmw then pistol. I got to put my 3.7m to use!
by redbaron
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:05 am
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28537

nanmoo wrote:Noooo the river mouth is the wave spot Kevin!!!
Shhhhhh.... secret spot!!!
by redbaron
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:35 pm
Topic: older mistral board
Replies: 5
Views: 5731

I have two old mistrals pretty much given to me. ones a pandera and the other is a bit more performance (all carbon). Side by side I was able to make a sick pontoon that can easily float two of us with stand up paddles. perfect for lake fishing!
by redbaron
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Wave Camp and Meth Free Zone Party 2018
Replies: 65
Views: 36608

In hood for another day or so then headed back to the coast.
by redbaron
Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Wave Camp and Meth Free Zone Party 2018
Replies: 65
Views: 36608

I plan on going a little earlier for the contest but open to stay for many weeks! http://www.shop.internationalwindsurfingtour.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/PRWB-600x600.jpg http://www.shop.internationalwindsurfingtour.com/product/pistol-river-wave-bash/ Looks like you don't have to be at the event...
by redbaron
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:16 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Haida Gwaii to Tofino sailing spots?
Replies: 11
Views: 7897

I read an article years ago, on some people doing a trip up the coast by zodiac from tofino to I think a surf camp somewhere on Nootka. No idea where the article was or the season. I think the camp they went to was Tatchu Surf Adventures. In the latest issue of Windsurfing Now magazine has a region...
by redbaron
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm
Topic: New Compact Board Shapes
Replies: 22
Views: 10603

Im yet to try the stubbier designs. Im not sure about getting one in the 80ish range, But in a 100L range it can prove to be pretty much a %80 of conditions board especially if it can be used as a wave SUP like the hyper nut or Fanatic Stubby and having a foil and windsurf compatibility for the 2018...