Search found 157 matches

by redbaron
Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:28 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WS-go-round
Replies: 8
Views: 2838

an old swivel/rocker sofa chair might have the right hardware?
by redbaron
Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Westerly sailing spots for begineers
Replies: 17
Views: 12093

Elk lake is great for beginnig wsurfing, I spent a bit a time there in the past. I only seen one kiter there so not sure about launching there. It is an onshore wind and a little gusty with lots of trees and people on the shore. I found with a strong westerly, if kelp reef and vicairport are blowing...
by redbaron
Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:07 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56102

I am super stoked to venture into new territory with great people. Heading down as a convoy seems like a smart idea. Im down. :) As a noob, im doing my best to do my homework; there will be a few questions I'm sure. 8)
Now until then I hope to get as much time on the water as possible \:D/
by redbaron
Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:45 pm
Topic: Board repair kits?
Replies: 11
Views: 3096

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I will try the marine tex stuff and see how it goes. It sounds simple. In the past I have used a couple types of exopy/ uv cure exopy in my dad's shop and it is messy! Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to work on boards in there. And my patch jobs are crap. ...
by redbaron
Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:39 pm
Topic: Board repair kits?
Replies: 11
Views: 3096

Board repair kits?

Hi
Any recommendations on what products/brands that work good for sealing up cracks on boards. And where its sold around vic.

thanks.
by redbaron
Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:46 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: LOST - Kiteboard at Gordon's Beach - May 29, 2012
Replies: 13
Views: 2826

Glad to hear you board was found! thats a little further than expected :? :)
by redbaron
Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:36 pm
Topic: what is the sailing scene like in Campbell River
Replies: 7
Views: 2867

A windsurf/boat trip around Desolation Sound would be an amazing adventure! lots to expore! I spent a bit of time all around quadra island boating, and winds picks up strong and gale every once in awhile. The currents get really nasty up there. Not sure if anybody windsurfs out of CR. You'll find pe...