Search found 157 matches

by redbaron
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: chesty weekend
Replies: 8
Views: 3905

we do catch a lot more waves than surfers so it's usually a good idea to give a wave or more to them I think for the most part windsurfers that sail out here are fair and courteous. After all most wavesailers surf as well. This was the third time a surfer dropped in on one of us that day on a day w...
by redbaron
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:57 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Okeanos Explorer
Replies: 1
Views: 3746

Okeanos Explorer

I thought this was pretty cool. Just a couple more days of their underwater live feed in uncharted areas of the south pacific.
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/m ... am_03.html
by redbaron
Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:51 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Windsport and Super Burrito Wave Camp 2017!
Replies: 86
Views: 37324

I'm hoping to check out the event June 7-11. Keeping my options open as usual forecast pending until early July.

☀☕🏄⛵🍻🌯🍦 repeat :P
by redbaron
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:17 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Skatesailing
Replies: 1
Views: 3255

Nice skills.

Got to love a big windy parking lot. I would need something with bigger wheels for Chestermans.
by redbaron
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 54068

That mounting plate looks pretty straight forward. I bet I could fab something similar that would connect on to a US box or the furthest back 2 FSC boxes to put it on a SUP. Might not be as tough as a Tuttle.... Could be worth a try. As for a board BFD has an old 105L Roberts formula that should wor...
by redbaron
Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 pm
Topic: Windsurf foiling
Replies: 144
Views: 54068

I would be on board with learning the ways of the foil. It would work well at Kennedy Lake and possibly other lakes that get a light thermal. Ideally it would be nice to find something affordable and can be used on a SUP as well, seeing how SUP foiling is creating some excitement on rolling swells t...
by redbaron
Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:59 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Salmon Point Web Cam
Replies: 7
Views: 3965

Salmon Point Web Cam

Thanks Dave for adding another Camera!! http://www.bigwavedave.ca/webcams.php?cam=14 Putting a pub next to a launch spot was an excellent idea :idea: !! I am yet to sail there. Hopefully this winter. I have seen it windy on a NW and it looks fairly beginner friendly, but I would say advanced sailer ...
by redbaron
Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:17 pm
Topic: what to do with your old windsurf gear?!
Views: 3620

We tried it again today with more wind. Tons of fun! It turns on a dime and easy to use. Had a couple people on it for the first time and no problems driving it. Next step is to possibly build more and have races :D
by redbaron
Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:51 pm
Topic: what to do with your old windsurf gear?!
Views: 3620

Sweet edit dude!

Still in early stages in testing its abilities, but the Robert Wilde sail buggy lives on. So far pretty fun in 5-8knots 8)
by redbaron
Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Mounting roof rack on fiberglass top
Replies: 11
Views: 2697

Years ago, I mounted roof racks to my canopy for the old danger Ranger. I went to the auto wreckers in Langford and salvaged the rack system from an old mini van. Paid $40. Then used (8 )1/4" stainless bolts with big washers on the under side to mount it. The rack was super solid. Big washers a...
by redbaron
Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 pm
Topic: Kennedy lake
Replies: 4
Views: 2731

Last weekend when it was cold and foggy and the surf was lame at wick beach I checked out the warm sandy beach in Kennedy lake provincial park. It seem do able, the wind kicked up to 15+knots thermal 50feet off the beach. Might be good on really big gear, but an hour later, the fog lifted on the coa...
by redbaron
Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:32 pm
Topic: 2017... Going inflatable
Replies: 23
Views: 6941

I think it's a good idea. Great for beginners and for free riding.
by redbaron
Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:46 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Water, Wave and Windsports Camp 2016
Replies: 157
Views: 51150

Most stoked from the coastal journey! Big thanks to everybody for keeping the fun alive and to those excellent photographers that captured such great moments. Big success 2016 8) :P
by redbaron
Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:31 pm
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast Water, Wave and Windsports Camp 2016
Replies: 157
Views: 51150

I will be in Sequin tmw til Monday helping some friends out with their house..... if the forecast hold I might be able to sneak away for a couple north Oregon spot days :idea: possibly sail sat/sun 8) back to work Monday for a week....
by redbaron
Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:03 pm
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45844

winddude wrote:Not shaming, because the price isn't outrageous, still wouldn't recommend this as your go to board, but my gawd, look at that tail
I'm liking the double set of foot straps on that board...perfect for teaching chicks to windsurf... kind of the same way one teaches a chicks to golf :wink: