Search found 134 matches

by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:51 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Dave's TO DO LIST
Replies: 18
Views: 11792

Dave's TO DO LIST

I was chatting with BWD up at Nat Lake on Sunday morn, and I asked him if a lot of time is involved in maintaining the site and all of its "appendages". My impression is that its been a work in progress that has kept him pretty interested, but that it has evolved some routine chores that i...
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:41 pm
Topic: IV and Gordon's webcam swap
Replies: 19
Views: 5742

Thanks Dave

Awesome to have views of JDF again from Gordo's....lookin forward to seeing a few heavy fog banks out that way SOOOON!!

Thanks BWD
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:29 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht Campsite
Replies: 31
Views: 7794

Did anyone hear about the decision on a yearly camp pass?

Will a yearly camping pass be available at Nitinat this year? Sure would help to work out a budget... :shock:
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun May 21, 2006 2:46 pm
Topic: David Suzuki - Nature Challange
Replies: 109
Views: 23055

EF BWD

lets not forget this website....kudos to the developers/maintainers (is it ALL Dave??) Think of how many trips to the waterfront he has saved us from making, with the use of these webcams and wind/weather readings and forecasts! THats got to be more than a tonne of CO2 by now :P Me personally, I don...
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon May 15, 2006 12:03 pm
Topic: Nitinaht Campsite
Replies: 31
Views: 7794

Network Guy

I have a friend in Nanaimo who is a computer/network geek. He may be able to help. Is there a contact telephone number he can call to talk about what is needed at Nitinat?
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri May 05, 2006 3:32 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Webcam news, Columbia zoom, new computer etc
Replies: 9
Views: 8373

Good Plan

So will the second cam be going up at gordo's when it returns, or not till next spring? Dave, my sister has a new cam i got for her on ebay a couple years back, for her to watch her pregnant mare. She hasn't used it since, but I'm not sure if it would be good enough for any bwd use. She paid only a ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:24 pm
Topic: IV and Gordon's webcam swap
Replies: 19
Views: 5742

Two for Gordos

My vote is two for Gordo's for the summer, or even just till end of July.
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:36 pm
Topic: Can I use the Donate Button to order my BWD\Nitinat T-Shirt?
Replies: 2
Views: 716

Rendezvous

Roger that....i'll try to hook up with BObson for some shipping info.
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:42 pm
Topic: BWD/Nitinat shirts
Replies: 12
Views: 2403

Be the WaVe Dave

I'lll take a medium or large next time I see you at Gordo's, or Nitinat, or Caddy there Dood.
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:38 pm
Topic: Used gear swap meet....windsurf & kitesurf
Replies: 17
Views: 3703

swaparama

My girlfriend is definitely in the "beginner's market", and would love to browse/buy, probably in the spring is best. Hope it helps out this site too!
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:51 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Give Dave Your money Fund
Replies: 7
Views: 2798

Pay the Pal

I was suggesting to BWD that he use a paypal donation button on the web site, for lazy ass couch surfers like myself, who can't mail a cheque unless the collectors are bangin on the door. But I think he's a bit shy about it all.....can we give him some encouragement (get yer butt of the couch and do...
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:54 am
Topic: Did You Know?
Replies: 2
Views: 1165

Did You Know?

Did you figure this into your next Kite/Sail purchase? The energy content of the wind varies with the cube (the third power) of the average wind speed, e.g. if the wind speed is twice as high it contains 2 to the 3rd = 2 x 2 x 2 = eight times as much energy! So at thirty knots, you have eight times ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:45 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Replies: 23
Views: 11016

Nitinat Lake Directions

Here's what I have for Nitinat Lake campground and launch area. Finding Nitinat Lake is a challenge for anyone new to logging roads. From Highway 1 on Vancouver Island take the exit north of Duncan, leading to Youbou and Lake Cowichan. Head to Youbou and onto the logging roads, and use a forest dist...