by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:51 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Yesterday (Saturday) at Gordon's Beach
Replies: 3
Views: 997

Yesterday (Saturday) at Gordon's Beach

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QMHVyy6VxY[/youtube]
Use the link, go to youtube, and watch in High Quality, just click on the HQ button. :D
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: links
Replies: 7
Views: 5208

stoke loader

Idea: When a sailing spot is highlighted in red on the latest reports page, have it come up in red on the home page to improve the stoke factor when the site first loads :P
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:50 am
Forum: News
Topic: Potential sponsor
Replies: 13
Views: 8963

I think Dave might be suggesting that it would bring non-sailing traffic to the web site in a way that might require some changes to keep them interested in between all the sailing chat and posts, and this could change the feel for all the regulars....or am I reaching here Dave?
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon May 18, 2009 10:00 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: RIGGING LINES PROPERLY
Replies: 14
Views: 2993

Crikey, i've only ever done them upwind or crosswind, just with a visual comparison to other kites on the beach. Didn't ever think to ask about that, when there were so many other questions bristling in my brain! Appreciate any and all helpful info tho, and AC I hope to be able to take advantage of ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:42 pm
Topic: Best vehicle for Nitinaht logging roads.
Replies: 33
Views: 7519

Patching my old van together for another hard rock season
on the nitinat road..

by Wavos Rancheros
Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:38 am
Topic: Small Vessel Regs edits 2009
Replies: 21
Views: 4004

there needs to be a regulation against overactive regulators :roll:
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 pm
Topic: links
Replies: 7
Views: 5208

links

Hey Dave,
idea 1: link the sailing locations in the sailing log to the wiki sailing guide pages.
idea 2: link the "gear used" to actual manufacturers or retailers web sites and see if you can get some coin for the hits

Have a good one,

WR
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:44 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: do's and dont's of kiteboarding by Johnnyread.
Replies: 17
Views: 4260

keep it loose

Those who have taken lessons may not need to speak much to this, and those who feel independent enough to learn on their own may only need to think about keeping things loose so they can maintain their independence. But the benefit of an association can't be seen until it exists. Who would stand up ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:59 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: ~~~~~4j~~ Videos
Replies: 40
Views: 11558

Hey 4J, Sony Vegas works great but there's a bit of a learning curve. THing is with editing software they all bend your head till you get to know how they work, but you should choose one that is going to do ALL the stuff you might eventually want to do, and I think I would recommend vegas for that, ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:11 pm
Topic: Windfest 2008 Video Upped
Replies: 6
Views: 2712

seen it yet?
by Wavos Rancheros
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:49 pm

D'oh!

Here's the link JL, sorry it was pretty late last nite when I finished it up. Hope you had a great day on the water, and thanks SB for the comments. The bear video is next on my list :)

http://oceankayaker.ca/080814windfest/index.html
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 pm
Topic: wind sometimes travels in a circle
Replies: 4
Views: 4229

That would be cool to see any kind of sequential overlay of images or animation! And I guess if we've hit the limit on ftp speed then its just fine as it is 8)
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:58 pm

Windfest 2008 Video Upped

Turn up the volume for this little clip from Friday of Windfest weekend. Was a little too lite for the windsurfers to be out that day, but lotsa kiters showed up, and it looks OK ..hope you Enjoy! :D

http://oceankayaker.ca/080814windfest/index.html
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am
Topic: Latest Reports --> Text Message?
Replies: 8
Views: 5435

weather radio

This is a great idea for people without a cell internet plan, but don't forget marine reports are broadcast continuously if you are anywhere near water, so you could carry a cheapo radio shack marine weather receiver. I've had one for years, don't think its cost me more than one set of batteries so ...