Search found 344 matches

by C36
Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 84248

Andrei:

Thanks for update! :D Always nice to hear how you are doing - particularly when it is good news! :D

:?: Have they given you a 'prediction' on when you will be able to resume your 'normal' activities (windsurfing)? :wink: :D
by C36
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:33 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56121

C36, we haven't met yet, but there are 3 of us (KC7777, mortontoemike, and myself; Keith, Mike, and George) from the lower mainland that are going to try to get down to Florence for some intro sessions in the waves, and beyond that, we'll see how hard the beverage fund is being hit, and with regard...
by C36
Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:46 pm

...And now let me give you my weekly report. Looking at the snow on the ground is like visiting back home! :D A little cold and refreshing, but good for a couple of days ( no more :D ) Health vise not much to report. Getting healthier as usual :D In four chemo cycles I'll be better than new. RD: I ...
by C36
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 am

:idea: I keep hoping to see a post from RD over on the Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012 thread! :D :D :D
by C36
Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56121

:idea: I keep hoping to see RD post here. :D :D :D With a whole page of comments on the orange pictures , I can see the thought of the Oregon Coast is popular right now. My family is pushing for a 'warm' summer holiday this year, but all I keep thinking about is the Oregon Coast (and Maui is so flat...
by C36
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:25 am
Topic: IMCS mast testing (do-it-yourself guide)
Replies: 4
Views: 1639

Kus: Good discussion. Your comments are appreciated (as always). ...In the meantime I will strive to always purchase the masts that go with the sails ...when you sell your sails, don't you also sell your masts? I would recommend this. In addition and again rather over simplistic and superficially, i...
by C36
Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 am

genius! was the stiffer 430 labelled as such or were they both supposed to be the same? do older masts measure softer then when they were new? looks like a good time, anything to keep from sailing out in the snow, that is nuts. now fold some laundry. :lol: Both masts were labelled with identifcal g...
by C36
Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

RD:
I hope that now that we have the shortest day of the year behind us,
that you now also have the darkest part of your healing journey behind you,
and that with each day now growing a little longer and a little brighter,
so you also feel a little stronger day-by-day.
Happy New Year! :D
by C36
Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 pm

IMCS mast testing (do-it-yourself guide)

Do It Yourself IMCS Testing Have you ever had a rig that just never felt right – too stiff or maybe it was WAY too soft? :? Ever think that maybe the mast you were running in the rig might not be the ‘right’ match for the sail? :idea: One sail manufacturer says (in addition to ‘bad’ matches) there ...
by C36
Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Some more words of support from the messageboard: Arturo : - ...Andre I have been thinking about you and maybe if you have a chance should hop a plane to La Ventana. The sun shines a lot and the wind blows just enough to keep even the most hard case wind junkies happy and the landscape is like anot...
by C36
Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Cross post from the "fundraiser thread" in case others had not seen it there. Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm (week 15) http://www.bigwavedave.ca/images/home.jpg Hi guys! First of all I would like to thank you those who came down to the draw! That was great! I also would like to thank you...
by C36
Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm

RD: Some positive healing energy set you way on December 30 (from White Rock Beach) where three WTOY logos took to the water (6.7, 6.0, 5.2) – a few pictures shown below of them enjoying their time in the sun. http://thewindsurfer.com/files/media/9025.full.new-10a%20-%20crop.jpg http://thewindsurfer...
by C36
Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 am

RD: There are a couple of shots of the WTOY logo in action on December 25 at White Rock Beach here as reported by the Peace Arch News 8) - too bad most of the shots of my sail are standing around in the shore break. :oops: Still nice to watch the slide show with the music cranked! :D http://thewinds...
by C36
Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:35 pm

Cross post from the "fundraiser thread" in case others had not seen it there. Posted on: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:33 am (week 12) Hi guys! here is my another weekly status report. It took me a while to get sick from my flu sickness :) so I decided to just live my life as I used to do. Doesn't w...
by C36
Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:11 am

Cross post from the "fundraiser thread" in case others had not seen it there. Posted on: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:34 pm (week 11) Hi guys! Well this time I do have something to report. I am sick, not like puke sick like after or during chemo, but some sort of flu which is no fun. It's been like ...