Replies: 26
Views: 10572

by Tsawwassen
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:20 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100971

I found this shot of Boujamaa winging in Gold Beach. I think this is in front of the Inn of the Beachcomber. More reasons to go, not that I needed any.
by Tsawwassen
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:08 am

If you know a link, post it up ... googling didn't come up with an obvious hit. I find sometimes the great tip on the awesome place to stay, becomes the starting point that drives a trip plan! It's closed due to covid and the website is down but I found this. https://www.facebook.com/BoujXS/ Google...
by Tsawwassen
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:29 am

juandesooka wrote: RAD! Thanks for posting.

Morocco remains on my Top 5 trip destinations, maybe now moved up a notch or two.
:shock: :!: :lol:
No problem! Boujmaa is a very inspiring windsurfer, it's cool to see him winging! I would love to spend some time in Morocco as well.
by Tsawwassen
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 pm

winddoctor wrote:We were supposed to be in Morocco this year! :cry:
What a drag, were you going to stay at Boujmaa's place or travel around? Definitely on my list.
by Tsawwassen
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am

by Tsawwassen
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:27 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83305

Lots of wings at SC, LB and the other spot. Best thing that has happened in awhile as it's displaced some regulars from one part of the wave to another and spaced things out. There was one day at LB in the summer where the outside bar wasn't breaking and wing really made sense on it. Closeout days ...
by Tsawwassen
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:09 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurfing in Victoria?
Replies: 6
Views: 3577

Hey Peter and Rhonda welcome back! I haven't been over to the Island for a year now but I was starting to spend a lot of time out in Ucluelet. Hopefully one day that will be my new home. I'm sure I'll see you guys out at Long Beach at some point, looking forward to sailing with you again! Hope you a...
by Tsawwassen
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:48 pm

Made a super kook move today. When trying to come in for a break I got tangled up in my wing leash in the shore break so I undid the leash to change it to my downwind arm and a gust ripped it out of my hands. Luckily a friend was onshore and was able to grab it. A few observations from today... one ...
by Tsawwassen
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:52 pm

I had my second session yesterday, one where I had enough wind to get up on the foil, and although it only lasted one reach it was awesome! I love it, I'm so stoked about the potential of this sport, can't wait until tomorrow when there is enough wind to hopefully get comfortable on the foil. Anyway...
by Tsawwassen
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Also, I like everything about the armstrong boards, don't even care that they're as expensive as a custom. But no bottom carry handle is a 100% deal breaker if you want to keep your foil and wing from touching anything other than air or water. Especially each other. If anyone is thinking custom Rob...
by Tsawwassen
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 pm

After my first wing session on Friday I can't wait to get back out! Super stoked! I was wondering if I should get a smaller fuselage? Does it help when pumping? I have a 1100 Moses wing, 95 Mast and a 900mm fuselage. Should I wait until I get a smaller board? I'm using my 7'4" hypernut for now...
by Tsawwassen
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am

This might be an obvious tip for many out there, but the last two sessions I was playing with this "slingshot" or self whip-in technique for getting into swell and drifting at top speed for longer periods of time: That sounds fun!! Thanks for the tip! Not sure I'm ready for that but I'll ...
by Tsawwassen
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:15 am

After my first wing session on Friday I can't wait to get back out! Super stoked! I was wondering if I should get a smaller fuselage? Does it help when pumping? I have a 1100 Moses wing, 95 Mast and a 900mm fuselage. Should I wait until I get a smaller board? I'm using my 7'4" hypernut for now.
by Tsawwassen
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:58 pm

Got my wing the other day and had my first session on Friday out at the Ferry Terminal. This is from my session log... The wind was too light and I couldn't get up on the foil at first which was OK, it gave me a chance to learn how to steer the board and hold the wing. Things felt awkward at first a...