Search found 284 matches

by skywalker
Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:58 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Fundraiser Venue/ Kite & windsurf Race
Replies: 27
Views: 5956

Not a dumb question at all: Some people have approached me suggesting that we make this for the Cancer Society in honour of Russian Dood (you've seen the forum posts i'm sure) Some people have suggested keep it to BWD So I suggest the planning committee who meet this weekend figure it out Mabye a sp...
by skywalker
Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 pm

VOLUNTEERS MEETING THIS WEEKEND (?)

Folks; Lets get this rolling! We have full support from the RVYC to do a Winter 2011 fundraiser at the RVYC (Movie Night! Auction!):wink: Summer 2012 windsurf/ kite comp off Dallas road :shock: IF anyone would like to volunteer to help put together this first event PLEASE come and meet me at the RVY...
by skywalker
Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks for the encouragement KayakDoc & KUS! To clarify: Winter- Fundraiser Summer 2012- race and competition And thanks for offering your help. Please do let your friends know, I hope to hear from everyone here. The first step is to have a fundraiser at the RVYC. With everyone under one roof, w...
by skywalker
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:34 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oxbow Movie - Walls of Perception Possible Premiere
Replies: 9
Views: 3209

The yacht club has offered their venue for this event and has expressed interest in holding a kiteboard/ windsurf competition for us next year.

Vote on the poll in the rigging area
by skywalker
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 am

Fundraiser Venue/ Kite & windsurf Race

Folks, A few of us have been talking about hosting a fundraiser and movie night this year. It looks like the Royal Victoria Yacht Club would like to help out and offer their venue for this. They have also indicated they may want to host a kiteboard/ windsurf race & competition for us next year. ...
by skywalker
Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:52 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: 14kts Gusting to 50kts @ CB, Real or a glitch?
Replies: 8
Views: 2362

clearly these things are planned

teabag,

you know about these gusts well in advance. clearly.
by skywalker
Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:13 pm
Topic: Drove from Kook st with my wetsuit on my roof
Replies: 1
Views: 843

Drove from Kook st with my wetsuit on my roof

Total KOOK move...drove away from cook st with my black and grey West wetsuit on my roof.

Lost Aug 29th at 7:00 PM

It was lost somewhere between Cook, and the corner of Vancouver and Meares. Drove for hours but couldn't find it.

Choked, but it was a great session.
by skywalker
Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:10 pm
Topic: 1st annual Indoors BWD WindFestival?
Replies: 16
Views: 4012

royal victoria yacht club hosting BWD party/fundraiser

how would everyone feel about some kind of fundraiser at the royal victoria yacht club? Real down to earth, cheap bar surrounded by wind paraphenalia and its a beautiful location. They have really expressed interest in getting to know the kiteboaridng community and trying to bridge the gap between s...
by skywalker
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Topic: 1st annual Indoors BWD WindFestival?
Replies: 16
Views: 4012

Towel references and people taking pictures of a naked behind are proof of the North American fascination with all that is naked, yet promoting the mystery, early and multi partner consent and explicitness of hard core sex while losing their minds when someone changes, in the most polite way, into ...
by skywalker
Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 pm
Topic: new on the island
Replies: 21
Views: 5917

Wednesday Wings night at Flying Otter (Best tasting BBQ, Hot, and Jamaican Jerk wings in town, they are big to!!!) or Tuesday Wings night at Beagles Pub (Best Blue Moon and Sweet Chilli wings in town) is an excellent choice to :) Sure - I'm not fussed...we should pick one and talk to them about set...
by skywalker
Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:31 pm
Topic: new on the island
Replies: 21
Views: 5917

Cook street tips

Kite Ida, Saw you on the beach today- I had the 14m with Cguygo. Having just arrived here and gotten used to it myself, i have some top tips for Kook St. that might help you figure it out sooner. -the cliff casts a wind shadow by creating a "cushion" of wind. That cusion pushes the wind up...
by skywalker
Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: All My Kite Gear Stolen Off Dallas Road Beach!
Replies: 8
Views: 2709

HAAAAAAAA

Hahahahahaa

Moral of the story: Dont leave your sh*% on the beach for an hour

Teabag- once again you emerge as a local hero. Right on!
by skywalker
Sun May 29, 2011 10:04 am
Topic: New to Vic. Where to launch?
Views: 2569

Thanks for the replies!

Sounds like I'm going to have to get a 10m.

Yes I did use to kite lawrencetown and martinique in NS. Didn't realise how spoiled I was in NS with miles of sandy beaches everywhere!

Dallas road it is then. Will check out some of the other spots.

See you out there.
by skywalker
Thu May 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Topic: New to Vic. Where to launch?
Views: 2569

New to Vic. Where to launch?

Hi, Moved here from Nova Scotia. I'm an OK rider, can self launch and recover. Looking for sandy launch spots and not the kite ripping mayhem of Dallas Road. Any suggestions? Also what are good kite sizes for around here? In NS a 14 was all you needed for a 190lb rider. I hear you need at least a 10...