Search found 1169 matches

by bwd
Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:32 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Pressure Slope
Replies: 5
Views: 4456

Excellent explanation Jim. I'll just add that you can buy the book "The wind came all ways" from most bookstores and it gives a great description of the different pressure slopes and wind directions etc. It is a good book for local conditions and talks about fog banks, SE'erlies, NW'erlies...
by bwd
Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:15 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: BWD site on a Mac
Replies: 1
Views: 3094

Re: BWD site on a Mac

Hi. I use Macs at work and cant seem to access the archieves what plug in or software do I need for .png files on a Mac. Thanks. Hey DRAZ, Sorry for the delayed reponse but I just got back into town. What browser are you using on the Mac? You may have to upgrade if it is Netscape and less than ver ...
by bwd
Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:04 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: site and cam down
Replies: 2
Views: 1444

seems to be werking again Yeah sorry about that everyone. It looks like my IP address changed on my computer while I was away and that messed things up. Actually if you used the address http://bigwavedave.ca it worked, but http://www.bigwavedave.ca didn't. Also it looks like the wind pop-ups from t...
by bwd
Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:49 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Heading to the Gorge/Oregon coast tomorrow
Replies: 4
Views: 1787

Hey everyone, well I made it back from a great trip to the Gorge/Coast. I actually sailed every day (18 days in a row!) which is not too bad. The Gorge was good 4.7 mostly with a few lighter 5.2 days and some cranking 3.5 days too. It was super hot with highs near 105 deg at times. I mostly sailed t...
by bwd
Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:49 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Heading to the Gorge/Oregon coast tomorrow
Replies: 4
Views: 1787

Heading to the Gorge/Oregon coast tomorrow

Hey if anyone wants to hook up I'll be in the Gorge or on the Oregon coast until Aug 5. Send me an email at , I'll check it every few days. Anybody have plans to come down before August?

Hopefully the website is ok - if it goes down it could be down for a while...

dave :wink:
by bwd
Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:46 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Anybody going to nitinat this weekend??
Replies: 3
Views: 1926

yeah good call - Nitinat looks a little damp right now
by bwd
Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:19 am
Topic: Anybody going to nitinat this weekend??
Replies: 3
Views: 1926

Anybody going to nitinat this weekend??

Hey what's the plan for this weekend? We might get one day of wind up at Nitinat today before that front moves in. I 'might' head up there this morning, but I'm not too sure... It looks like the westerly in the Strait might not work today, but yesterday (and Thurs I heard) sure were sweet at Gordons...
by bwd
Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:07 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Hey BWD! How was Long Beach?
Views: 1309

Re: Hey BWD! How was Long Beach?

tweezer wrote:Hey BWD! How was Long Beach?
Check my post on the weather forum...
by bwd
Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:14 pm
Topic: Oregon coast is looking good...
Views: 1236

Oregon coast is looking good...

Hey anyone up for an Oregon coast trip this week? I'm thinking Oceanside or Manzanita could be good Wed-Fri and then the Gorge looks good for the weekend. Either that or Nitinat, but that doesn't sound nearly as fun. Give me a call if you want to go 889-1351. Gordons looks like it will fire today, d...
by bwd
Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:39 pm
Topic: Long Beach is looking good ...
Views: 1359

A group of us made the trip to Long Beach for the big gale warning on Saturday and Sunday and it was well worth it, although no gales were found. On Saturday Bryan, Chris, Trevor and I sailed at Chesterman's on big gear. The surf was 3-4 feet and the wind was good side-off at 15 knots. Half and half...
by bwd
Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:56 pm
Topic: Long Beach is looking good ...
Views: 1359

Long Beach is looking good ...

Hey anyone up for a Long Beach trip for Sat/Sun? It is looking good for tomorrow and maybe Sunday too, although there isn't much swell, dave 9:30 PM PDT FRIDAY 20 JUNE 2003 WEST COAST VANCOUVER ISLAND NORTH . GALE WARNING CONTINUED. WINDS NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 KNOTS EASING TO 20 OVERNIGHT THEN RISING T...
by bwd
Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:07 am
Topic: What's the call for Nitinat this weekend?
Views: 1477

Re: What's the call for Nitinat this weekend?

:?: Who's going to Nitinat this weekend? Hey tweezer: Yeah Nitinat looks like it could have some wind, although half and half cloud too. The 10am Port Alberni forecast is looking better now than it was before. I'm still undecided about going up there - I'll make the decision tomorrow morning. What ...
by bwd
Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:59 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Long Beach and further north
Replies: 20
Views: 5586

I'm sort of flexible - I have next week off and then July 14-Aug 5 . I might head to the Gorge, Nitinat or Long Beach next week. Send me an email...

dave
by bwd
Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:09 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Long Beach and further north
Replies: 20
Views: 5586

Re: Long Beach and further north

I´m from Germany and will be visiting Vancouver Island for 2 weeks in July There´s plenty of web-info on the southern spots ( gordon,JR,Dallas Road and also Nitinat ). But what about Long Beach ? Is there any good wind in Summer ? Thermals ? And up the coast ? Anyone info on places like Nootka, Raf...
by bwd
Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:03 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tuesday Evening Session
Views: 1301

Re: Tuesday Evening Session

Tuesday evening was fantastic at Island View... Hey Bobson: yeah last night was fun at Isl View. After you left we sailed until 8:30pm and barely got planing on the 6.0's but it was fun for light wind tricks and good practice. And totally warm - although we wimped out and wore wetsuits. Today looks...